• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cat Planet Cuties - Win it BEFORE you can Buy it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote
The show needed more catgirls and fewer humans. Preferably more naked catgirls. Naked humans on motorbikes can come too.

I wish it had been a bit longer, it was decently entertaining going between the action and lighthearted romp.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
That said, I already have my copy in my hands (TRSI kinda makes shambles of the whole "win it before you can buy it" thing)...

Shhhhhhh...you shouldn't be telling people you received it before the actual release date. (as did I) Wink One of the many things I love about TRSI is if they receive their stock early, they'll ship it early.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
That said, I already have my copy in my hands (TRSI kinda makes shambles of the whole "win it before you can buy it" thing)...

Shhhhhhh...you shouldn't be telling people you received it before the actual release date. (as did I) Wink One of the many things I love about TRSI is if they receive their stock early, they'll ship it early.

Which makes this limitation kind of pointless if you ask me, I don't know exactly what they were thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I've been interested since I saw the nsfw trailer from funimation and found out the dub actress for the catgirl (at least sounded exactly like) the same girl that did the voice for Flonne in Disgaea (who is one of my favorite characters of anything). I'm probably going to watch subbed, but the trailer itself was interesting; I became interested in the series.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Isn't the phrase supposed to be "Win it BEFORE you can steal it." At least that's what I've always heard it said when stupid drive-time dj's are giving away new albums and tickets.

Anyway, absolutely zero interest in yet another Funimation softcore fanservice show. Maybe Funimation should start licensing hentai titles now that Media Blasters has dropped the ball. The quality has really improved in recent years and it certainly would spice up one of these contests! Evil or Very Mad
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Anyway, absolutely zero interest in yet another Funimation softcore fanservice show. Maybe Funimation should start licensing hentai titles now that Media Blasters has dropped the ball. The quality has really improved in recent years and it certainly would spice up one of these contests! Evil or Very Mad

I wish they would. Licensed hentai has more value than the inferior Japanese product.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Isn't the phrase supposed to be "Win it BEFORE you can steal it." At least that's what I've always heard it said when stupid drive-time dj's are giving away new albums and tickets.

Asobi is not a standard fanservice show. I've watched only the firet episode and I can already see this.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
That said, I already have my copy in my hands (TRSI kinda makes shambles of the whole "win it before you can buy it" thing) so even though I like the thought of being a winner, I'll refrain from entering so someone who is without can have it.

Yeah, I was supposed to put this contest up a week and a bit ago. So the winners would have received it much sooner.

My bad.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

Asobi is not a standard fanservice show. I've watched only the firet episode and I can already see this.

Well, perha[s I'll give it a shot. But. ya know, I can't be blamed for reading the stellar summary and not concluding that it sounded like more harem hijinks.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
eyevocal wrote:
Could you please tell us why Canadians are shut out of this contest

I've seen this question asked a lot of times with contests like this. It seems like it's already been stated that the restriction is coming from Funimation and not ANN and has to do with shipping dates, but I wanted to make a quick little comment about it which may or may not affect some decisions like this.

One of the reasons companies often restrict contests like this based on the country you live in (or in some instances, based on the state you live in) is because of gambling laws. In the US and in many other countries, gambling is highly regulated and contests/sweepstakes often fall into a gray area between something considered perfectly OK and something considered to be illegal gambling (this is because they are considered games of chance). If you've ever looked at the fine print of ANY contest/sweepstakes in the US, you've probably seen a mention that "Purchase is not necessary, send in a postcard with your name and address to enter." This is required in the US, because any contest which does not allow for free entry in such a manner would expose the people running the companies involved to felony convictions and they could do jail time in federal prison. There are lots of other restrictions based on the state you are in. Some states require that the person running the sweepstakes has to post a bond of tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the value of the prizes, in order to ensure that there is no funny business involved. Also, some states require that all people running contests register with the related state agency.

Basically, if a company wants to run a contest but they don't want to be bothered with researching and making sure they are in compliance with all laws and regulations in a certain jurisdiction, they will just exclude all people from that jurisdiction from being part of the contest.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 am Reply with quote
Yeah, but Funi is familiar enough with Canadian laws to know there is no problem with including us in a contest. In fact, the FMA:B - Star of Milos contest which is running concurrent with this one is open to Canadians.

This kind of decision is simply calculated to stick in Canadian craws. It's kind of ironic, because the whole reason a company like Funi has a contest like this in the first place is to spread awareness of a title AND generate goodwill. By excluding Canadians for the absolute lamest reason possible (shipping speed? Gimme a friggin' break) Funi has managed to take what should have been a straightforward goodwill generator and needlessly pissed off a chunk of its customer base. Not very smart public relations if you ask me.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

Well, perha[s I'll give it a shot. But. ya know, I can't be blamed for reading the stellar summary and not concluding that it sounded like more harem hijinks.

I think you may want to read Theron's official reviews on here of it, he gives it quite a good rating last time I remembered. Yes, there's fanservice, but from what I've heard the fanservice is not the ONLY thing this show has for it.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

I think you may want to read Theron's official reviews on here of it, he gives it quite a good rating last time I remembered. Yes, there's fanservice, but from what I've heard the fanservice is not the ONLY thing this show has for it.

unless you watch the ova... that had so much PLOT lol but yeah this is fun series overall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
What surprised me about this show was I didn't think hinamori Amu would play a risque adult character role so soon.

oh, I was also surprised at the lack of and general un-appeal of the cat girls.

I wouldnt have minded some dog general seduction scenes either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2