• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Anime's 2nd TV Ad Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
I'm kinda thinking that they're trying to ride the success of Kajiura Yuki as a popular composer recently, and also trying to pull on the strings of fans of .hack who loved .hack//SIGN in Japan since she also did the composition for that anime, too.

I mean, it's a good tactic in business. But Kajiura Yuki isn't cheap to hire, so I'm not exactly disappointed. I bought the first volume of the novel while I was in Japan, but never read it. I think I'm going to start reading it now...
superdry

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I'm kinda thinking that they're trying to ride the success of Kajiura Yuki as a popular composer recently, and also trying to pull on the strings of fans of .hack who loved .hack//SIGN in Japan since she also did the composition for that anime, too.

I mean, it's a good tactic in business. But Kajiura Yuki isn't cheap to hire, so I'm not exactly disappointed. I bought the first volume of the novel while I was in Japan, but never read it. I think I'm going to start reading it now...

SAO is also a pretty popular property and I would say the anime is highly anticipated. So, I'm not surprised at the production committee going with Kajiura. Go with a big popular name for a popular title.
rejer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
AW was cool like until last few episodes. I liked it when it was featuring a useless protagonist and how he was trying to get over it. But lately he started to getting stronger and popular and all... kinda meh.

But I'm looking forward to SAO as well. As always Kajiura's music is awesome.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Regarding SAOs existing popularity...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-30/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan/2011

Its the best selling light novel of 2011 that doesn't have an anime, and anime often boost a light novels sales by double if not more. It could get to the Index, Haganai and Oreimo level of popularity once it gets its anime.
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Regarding SAOs existing popularity...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-30/top-selling-light-novels-in-japan/2011

Its the best selling light novel of 2011 that doesn't have an anime, and anime often boost a light novels sales by double if not more. It could get to the Index, Haganai and Oreimo level of popularity once it gets its anime.

I know I'll see lots of fanservice from the merchandise and fan sides of the series... but I really hope the series itself avoids being as fanservice-dependent as some of the other series. I liked every one, but they still deterred me at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2