• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fullmetal Alchemist Anime's Staff Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Even if I LOVED the original series OST, I agree with you that they needed to change it, but I'm a bit worried since I don't know the new composer.

About the cast, even if I grew fond of the first series one (I'm talking about the Japanese VAs here), I wouldn't worry if they completely replace them, since in Japan there are plenty of really talented voice actors. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tbone Jenkins

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quote
Count me in as a huge fan of the dub--Vic's 'Ed' gave me the chills--
but let me throw out a crazy thought.

If they want to completely redo the series, why not have Aaron Dismuke voice 'Ed'? It would bring an interesting new twist to the character, and his voice is deep enough to do it now.

<ducking>
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm another huge fan of the FMA dub. I honestly don't think I've heard a better one yet. I tried to get into the Japanese, but I agree with some others on here that Romi Paku just made Ed sound like a girl. I didn't care for it too much. That's not to say she did a bad job, I just didn't enjoy her voice as much as I did Vic's.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Instead, I thought Ed's seiyuu was a male, for the first 2-3 episodes... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I never liked FMA and I never thought too highly of it, nor was looking forward to another season of it, be it a continuation or reset. But seeing the staff list populated with favorites (most notably Akira Senju with the score) and those with very good credentials to their name now actually makes me a little anxious to see how the series will turn out. The signs point to a good production and hopefully I'll get more enjoyment out of it than the previous FMA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:26 am Reply with quote
*ignores this piece of news and goes back to waiting for the english dub to air on TV, be streamed on the internet, and/or be released to DVD*.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I searched and found more info about Akira Senju, the new FMA series composer, and I assure you that we're in really good hands.

His music sounds really classical and European, something that really fits FMA in my opinion, and it seems that he likes to use many songs into his scores. Smile

Furthermore, even if he didn't composed many anime soundtracks, he's really active in the J-drama scene, so we can expect a live-action/movie quality OST (with this I'm not saying that animations OSTs are worse than live-actions ones, but that the style could be a bit different, and imho it will suit Fullmetal Alchemist).

I can't really wait, let's hope they'll reveal more info soon! Very Happy

P.S. Some sample of his music here: http://www.fictionjunction.be/2007/01/22/review-red-garden-ost/comment-page-1/#comment-92821

P.P.S. More info on him here: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Senju_Akira
farichada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
Even if I LOVED the original series OST, I agree with you that they needed to change it, but I'm a bit worried since I don't know the new composer.

About the cast, even if I grew fond of the first series one (I'm talking about the Japanese VAs here), I wouldn't worry if they completely replace them, since in Japan there are plenty of really talented voice actors. Smile

I agree. They should not be too hasty when they make these decisions. However, they should also consider the business ramifications as well. I want this to be a big money maker so this company can become strong and continue to make more anime.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote
If you want to hear more music from Akira Senju, I suggest you to Google "summer snow soundtrack". Wink

P.S. Summer Snow is a really nice J-drama I watched some time ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4