• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ixion Saga DT 1-6 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote
I agree with what was said in the review entierly but even though I find the show hilarious I'd probably give it a B- out of principle since as you said it's not exactly writhing with substance. Definently something to look forward to when I'm bored on a Sunday afternoon though.

Kind of a shame no one decided to go after it(maybe Sentai?). I could imagine the dub for this being pretty funny.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
It's always a bit sad when the first episode of a show is the funniest, and that's what has happened here. The rest of Ixion Saga DT is still pretty amusing, but it looks like the series shot most of its load (pun very much intended) straight away.
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote
I didn't read the review but the sidebar summary is spot-on, so the review itself is probably accurate too.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:10 am Reply with quote
Well that's a bit lazy of you. Only takes a couple of minutes to read a review.
thaivuN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
Indeed, there's not enough of ED Very Happy
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
Saturday Morning Cartoon for adults is such a great way to describe it.

I am not usually into this type of humor but I think it's the comedy on top of the seiyuu performances that does it for me. It's not anything extraiordnary but its something to turn your brain off & have fun with.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Slapstick fantasy comedy romps are nothing new, and that rings especially true for Ixion. It's alright for a one time watch, but there's nothing that'll make it stick out in my mind a month from now when it's long over. Actually, the most unique thing here is making a newhalf part of the main cast. She'll "stick-out" in doujinshi longer than recollections of the show itself it.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Of all the new shows streaming this season, Ixion Saga DT is probably my second favorite, right behind Magi. Third place probably goes to From the New World or BTOOM! I am a huge fan of Slayers. Ixion Saga DT is more or less like Slayers but with more sex jokes. This is right up my alley.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 am Reply with quote
Thoroughly enjoying Ixion Saga DT, though some episodes may be funnier than others. (The ones with Erec sama are the best, imho, but then again I am also partially biased.) It really is too bad Crunchyroll doesn't translate the opening and ending songs because the lyrics are a riot, from "Let me throw away my virginity," to, "Rip off his balls." There is a lot of wordplay.

I think this series is good if you just want some laughs without having to think too hard.

And thank you for the THTC mention-- Totally brings back memories! I've got the 3" single somewhere at home in the States. Anime hyper
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:

And thank you for the THTC mention-- Totally brings back memories! I've got the 3" single somewhere at home in the States. Anime hyper

I was starting to think I was the only one who remembered THTC! Laughing My sisters and I made a CD when we were in college called "The Worst of Anime," and THTC was one of our favorite tracks. For some reason our parents wouldn't let us play it on family car trips, though... Wink
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
I was starting to think I was the only one who remembered THTC! Laughing My sisters and I made a CD when we were in college called "The Worst of Anime," and THTC was one of our favorite tracks. For some reason our parents wouldn't let us play it on family car trips, though... Wink

Fushigi Yuugi was my first "real" anime so it has a special place in my heart.

Meccha hajikete gattsu tobashite yaru tokya yaru sonna mon saaaaaa~~~♪♪♪
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
This is one of the shows that does not imply that you are complete imbecile that does not remember what was shown five minutes ago, and sometimes it is funny indeed.

Not that this show is perfect, of course, but the aforementioned quality that viewers are not treated like idiots makes it watchable and even recommendable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1