• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Dirty High

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
Woo Woo! I'm getting me a Prinny Doll!
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote
maybe it's just me, but BlazBlue looks way better than Guilty Gear.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
maybe it's just me, but BlazBlue looks way better than Guilty Gear.

I think the only reason people care is because it's basically GGX in HD. Sorry, but...it doesn't seem radically different from ACS' previous series in any earth-shattering way.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
If it does come out stateside, I will buy a Wii. I even have a spot picked out to put it, just in case.

Heck, Klonoa is actually my reason for keeping the Wii! I got it when Brawl came out, but since May or so, my only game for it has been Zak & Wiki (I've rented a few...well downright horrible games from the library for free before). Although I have been using it to play GameCube games a lot...

Let's hope they make a Klonoa 3!
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:

I just have to ask, is there any way of getting it without spending money on a game for a game system (PSP) I don't own?
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:

I just have to ask, is there any way of getting it without spending money on a game for a game system (PSP) I don't own?

If you enjoy dealing with ScamPal and evilBay and high prices...well, that's probably your only other choice.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I miss Working Design's "Big Box of Stuff". I usually find a game in it.

Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
FFXIII will be out "some time" in Japan...wow, and Squeenix is still showing us the same goddamn press photos we've been seeing for two years now.
I haven't seen any rehashed images for 13, but then again, I haven't been by their site. The videos, however, do reused a lot of the same footage.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Let's see...

Klonoa: Glad to see they kept the original design. The new one sucked something awful.

Ar Tonelico 2: Do want. I'm always up for some blatant yuri innuendo, and the first game was amusing.

Star Ocean 2: Definitely do want. Anything to keep poor PSP alive, especially RPGs.

Gundam: Moar Gundam please. Can't wait for DW:G2!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Star Ocean 2: Definitely do want. Anything to keep poor PSP alive, especially RPGs.

Star Ocean 2 is my favorite RPG hands down. I loved every second of it when it came out on the PS1. Even the voicework. I'll actually miss some of the comments from Dias and Ashton, but not so much Leon and Celine. Last time I played it, I was working on a flow chart to make sure I didn't get a repeat ending.

I don't know when I'll play it. I bought SO1 the same day I bought Wrath of the Lich King, so it should come as no surprise that I haven't even played anything besides World of Warcraft.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I know the feeling. WoW has kept me from playing pretty much anything else. I actually didn't like the Star Ocean 2 translation, it seemed really stilted and unnatural. I hope the PSP one does a better job...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Disgaea: Ugh, I'm seriously sick of seeing more and more releases and related crap to this game. Shouldn't this franchise die already?

Klonoa redesign: No, just no. The last thing we need is something that looks like it came from that f****t hedgehog's universe. Klonoa is fine as is. Changing his design would screw up everything he's worked so hard for.

Ar tonelico 2: The first game was a blast, a little primitive to me though since I played it very late in the gaming era (random encounters seem so strange to me in this day and age where you pick and choose your encounters). It had some awesome artwork and incredible music. The whole diving into your singer lady allies system was too much like a sim to me, but in the end, whatever can help increase their powers should be done, right?

Star Ocean SE: Well now, I've heard people go on and on about how awful the voice acting was for the PS1 release (I played it too), but at the time it never bothered me. Hell, I doubt most people noticed they accidentally left two voice samples in Japanese so no one could ever fully complete the Voice Collection. I've seen the reworked art for this game. Looks like it'll be good. I'm curious who they'll get to voice Claude and co.

Gowcaizer: Okay, I'll be honest. I have never seen this anime at all. And I all ever hear about it is "Obari's character designs are repulsive, and he slobbers over boobs!". The game looks like it might have interested some people back in the day, but I can see X Button does its best to consider having it recycled. Anime hyper
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Ar Tonelico II = <3

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 actually looks good. I may get it since I still only own a ps2 out of the three consoles it is for.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Oh and to the above poster wondering about the "Vanilla" jokes...what male-produced substance has a similar color to vanilla, hmm? Wink

Really? That's the joke? Wow, what a stretch.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Oh and to the above poster wondering about the "Vanilla" jokes...what male-produced substance has a similar color to vanilla, hmm? Wink

Really? That's the joke? Wow, what a stretch.

Maybe it's the Gackt song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg8iKV--Sh8&feature=related
I facepalm every time I hear this.
He was the influence for cloud so I suppose it would be appropriate Rolling Eyes
konkonsn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Ah, that's what it was called! I played Senjou no Kizuna while in Japan and still have my card. I think that's what I liked most about it...you had your battle card with your stats to brag about. Not that I was enough of a Gundam fanatic to understand any of the symbols but the kill points.

I sucked at that game, btw. But it was a good time even if a bit expensive (500 yen per round) if for nothing else than to see the Japanese men get nervous at the female gaijin waiting in line for her turn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3