• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Report: Funimation Gets Fullmetal Alchemist Premium

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, even if Funimation doesn't end up announcing the new FMA series, I'm so glad that they are finally bringing this over.

Though I wonder how soon Funimation will start releasing the DVDs for the new series when/if they announce the acquisition?
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
(if the universe is really, really on our side, there's always the possibility that they'll say, "[i]

That's hardly on the side of people who already HAVE the whole show, like me. I bought the half season sets they released a year or so ago.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
If the license the new FMA series and don't stream it online, I will cry tears of frustration, because I don't have the money to buy it sight-unseen, and most respectable fansubbers won't do licensed series - which I applaud them for, but still, my pocketbook!

Here's hoping they do license it and do stream it, though. I've liked what they've done with Shikabane-hime on HULU (in spite of not thinking much of the series itself) much more than Crunchyroll's work on GONZO's stuff.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I'd heard about this elsewhere but man am I glad to see it reported here. I've always felt a little cheated that they couldn't release the OVAs with the movie. (I think they tried to get the rights but couldn't.)

Hopefully, they'll have this and the new series to crow about soon and we can all watch as FMA transmutes our worries about them into joyous cries of "woohoo, they're doing great!"

Wonder if [adult swim] will be able to rip itself away from showing badly drawn squids and talking butts to air the new series when it gets licensed.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm thrilled that they are getting and bringing over the shorts. Chibi Party was terrific and I really enjoyed Kids (thanks YouTube!).

Too bad that they didn't release them along with the series...but better late than never (**koff**certain seasons and shorts of Sailor Moon**koff**
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
More FMA is always a good thing. Smile

As for this announcement, yay! I love Chibi Party. Can't wait to buy it. Laughing

Ohayocon announcement: I'm also hoping it's the new series. As for AS airing it, the original series was one of their higher rated shows(which is why they keep airing it from time to time), they'd be foolish not to. Then again, this is Adult Swim we're talking about; logic isn't their strong suit.
melonbread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
It's about time! A few years too late, but I guess better late than never!

RE the announcement later this month thing, this industry hypes up lots of things and then massively disappoints, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming revisioning of FMA anime.

Being the optimist I am though, I'll hope that it is really an announcement for the new series and that it's getting a simultaneous streaming worldwide, or something.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
same site that reported bandai and 5 cm...i dont trust it. they just assume things
CakeStealer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Funimation! Will buy this to complete my FMA collection.

However, if they used the original cast, what'd they do about Aaron? His voice has matured!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they're about to hop on the new FMA series even before it premieres. Does that mean same-day subtitles?

I still haven't finished collecting the first series on DVD. I'm waiting for the complete "second season" boxset to come out in March. I may cave in before that and buy the two part boxsets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
newborntoanime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Thank you, Funimation! I've been waiting for the OVAs to get dubbed, especially Chibi Party. Very Happy
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote
CakeStealer wrote:
Thanks Funimation! Will buy this to complete my FMA collection.

However, if they used the original cast, what'd they do about Aaron? His voice has matured!

I was wondering when this would be brought up but yes it just wouldn't be the same now that Aaron Dismuke voice has matured over the years after Full Metal Alchemist so I'll be hard press if he could pull it off or if they can get someone else to fill the role spoiler[ But I won't hate for them to abandon Aaron since he made Alphonse the character we love ]
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Party! Very Happy

Hopefully the announcement is... same-day subs worldwide for the new FMA season!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote
ChocoBar wrote:
I was wondering when this would be brought up but yes it just wouldn't be the same now that Aaron Dismuke voice has matured over the years after Full Metal Alchemist so I'll be hard press if he could pull it off or if they can get someone else to fill the role spoiler[ But I won't hate for them to abandon Aaron since he made Alphonse the character we love ]

Actually, Kugimiya Rie made Akphonse the character I love.

And why the hell does casting count as spoilers??
RauTwilight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
more fma = good stuff Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4