• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Report: Funimation Gets Fullmetal Alchemist Premium

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncutpokemon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quote
i don't care if Aaron's voice does sound deeper, i still would like him to remain as Al in both the premium and the new series.
Whoisthatguy?! An idiot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Not surprised they're making whatever announcement at Ohayocon; they've got Vic Mignogna and Aaron Dismuke there this year, which is one of the reasons I opted to go for only one day and not stay overnight. I'd rather not be stuck in a hotel full of Risembool Rangers, if you get my drift. >.>

The Chibi Party OAV is really the only one worth watching, although Kids is kinda cute, even if it makes absolutely no sense that spoiler[one of Ed's grandchildren is a little Winry]. Small child this world!Roy kinda made me squeal from awww, though.

I don't know, the big battle was really fun and funny so I am not sure why it isn't worth checking out especially if you've always wanted to see a big fight.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Exciting news! I don't really care for the premium collection at all, but I'm anticipating the next announcement.
BDK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when Funimation was going to release the OVA's. They have been out for a while, quite surprised they just announced it.

and I thinks it's pretty obvious what the "FMA announcement" is going to be. Probably with the season two coming out. Oh, FUNi you never cease to amaze me.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
CakeStealer wrote:
However, if they used the original cast, what'd they do about Aaron? His voice has matured!

I've never understood the whole "Aaron can't play Al" thing. Yes, his voice matured during puberty; mine did the same thing several (maybe even many) years ago. But I can still go into an almost-falsetto range and pull off a fairly decent impersonation of my voice at age 12 or so. If I as a complete non-actor can manage something like that, couldn't a person who has actual acting training and experience theoretically do the same? It doesn't seem like such a huge stretch.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
CakeStealer wrote:
However, if they used the original cast, what'd they do about Aaron? His voice has matured!

I've never understood the whole "Aaron can't play Al" thing. Yes, his voice matured during puberty; mine did the same thing several (maybe even many) years ago. But I can still go into an almost-falsetto range and pull off a fairly decent impersonation of my voice at age 12 or so. If I as a complete non-actor can manage something like that, couldn't a person who has actual acting training and experience theoretically do the same? It doesn't seem like such a huge stretch.

Al shouldn't even sound 12 in the manga he should sound 14-15 spoiler[since his body continues to age in the manga] unless we have a repeat of Andrew Francis whose voice deepened significantly.
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
PLEASE don't let this announcement be that they've acquired a license to the new series. Let it finish, first. Then, buy it and do whatever you want with it. Cool
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Well the Season 1 set of Full Metal Alchemist is coming out on four DVDs the 27th, but I don't think that's a "big" announcement. I wanna get that set and I will as soon as I can when I gwet someone to take me to Best Buy.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to hope for 2nd season but won't keep my hopes up.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:23 am Reply with quote
1.) This is awesome news, I will most definitely rent all of the OVAs, shorts and specials from Netflix Very Happy.

2.) That "announcement of theirs" better be about them acquiring the license to english dub the second series Very Happy.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:
1.) This is awesome news, I will most definitely rent all of the OVAs, shorts and specials from Netflix Very Happy.

2.) That "announcement of theirs" better be about them acquiring the license to english dub the second series Very Happy.

And I, unlike the fansubbers, will happily wait for the dub, I haven't even gotten through the original series, I'm watching it on DVR on CN, By the time I get it finished, the new series will probably be dubbed and airing so i don't mind waiting, I've got anime to watch and Bleach Manga to read to keep me occupied.
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote
nice to see Funi got these ova's. I really like the chibi party one.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I never bought anything FMA-related before, but now both TV seasons will be repackaged at very affordable prices, I very well may pick them -- and this, in the future -- up. Thanks, FUNi, for finally making the original TV series affordable to people who missed out the first time!
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON2 wrote:
PLEASE don't let this announcement be that they've acquired a license to the new series. Let it finish, first. Then, buy it and do whatever you want with it. Cool

I take it this is the torrent-user speaking from deep inside your fluttering fanboy heart?

Heck no, I'm ALL for simultaneous release (or as close to it as we can get)! Oh, now I have that song stuck in my head...

Cal-i-forn-ia, rest in peace....*whistle*
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
504NOSON2 wrote:

I take it this is the torrent-user speaking from deep inside your fluttering fanboy heart?

Heck no, I'm ALL for simultaneous release (or as close to it as we can get)! Oh, now I have that song stuck in my head...

Cal-i-forn-ia, rest in peace....*whistle*

Really, people are so damn impatient. Don't whine when FUNi issues C&D letters if they've gotten the new show... Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4