• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Stand Alone Complex Schedule on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:18 am Reply with quote
Dang, I wish I was at home during times like these. Confused Well, alot of other times, but when you have GitS, FMA, Super Milk-Chan, and Read or Die on the TV . . . Come on AFN, give me some CN that doesn't show mostly Tom and Jerry and Popeye.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:15 am Reply with quote
aniki21 wrote:
The most interesting thing I can see in the article is that the run will last 26 weeks - does that mean they're going to air that episode dealing with Batou's work in Section 4?

Why wouldn't they? *Don't actually say anything* It's not going to be on Toonami.

Plus, the run will actually take longer than 26 weeks, as there are a few movies scheduled.
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Swordfish_II wrote:
Plus, the run will actually take longer than 26 weeks, as there are a few movies scheduled.

What movies are there Swordfish? I don't recall hearing about AS acquiring any GitS movies on the AS boards or anywhere else?
Strategos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Inuyasha movies, Metropolis, Cowboy Bebop movie to name a few will be shown on [as] in 2005. I don't know exact dates and there could be more. All of this information can be found in the adult swim forums.
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Strategos wrote:
Inuyasha movies, Metropolis, Cowboy Bebop movie to name a few will be shown on [as] in 2005. I don't know exact dates and there could be more. All of this information can be found in the adult swim forums.

If that is what he meant then he is mistaken. Metropolis will air on January 1st, which is not a Saturday, and the Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop Movies will not air during GitS's premier run.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Kholdstare wrote:
If that is what he meant then he is mistaken. Metropolis will air on January 1st, which is not a Saturday, and the Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop Movies will not air during GitS's premier run.

January first is a Saturday. Plus there was mention that Read Or Die will be reaired in December, my guess would be on Christmas. And the first Inuyasha movie may air as early as April, when GitS would be nearing the end of its run, but they may wait to air if after GitS finishes.
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Oops, you're right about Metropolis. But they will probably wait until after GitS finishes its run to air the Inuyasha movies, or air them on a weeknight because that is when new episodes of Inu will premier (though this is unlikely).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2