• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Black and White Season 2's TV Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
So the episode before season two is "The Last Badge! VS Homika"

Homika, not Shaga. Interesting.
GolfDude

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
makes sense because he got his 7th badge in this weeks episode in japan.. theres still 5 episodes left before the season change
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, I was hoping they'd write Iris out of the series now that Dawn is back. She's the most obnoxious travelling companion in the show's history. She's had next to no character development. She's only caught one Pokemon in the whole series. She's basically there to nag Ash, and not in the tsundere way that Misty was known for. Hopefully they end up making her the 8th Gym Leader like in the game so she's actually there for a reason. That would almost give putting up with her a purpose.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
New Ending Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhOp6TqootY

No opening yet.

Though I do like the inclusion of a character we haven't seen in over 8 years. I hope they bring her back for an episode.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
Aw man, I was hoping they'd write Iris out of the series now that Dawn is back. She's the most obnoxious travelling companion in the show's history. She's had next to no character development. She's only caught one Pokemon in the whole series. She's basically there to nag Ash, and not in the tsundere way that Misty was known for. Hopefully they end up making her the 8th Gym Leader like in the game so she's actually there for a reason. That would almost give putting up with her a purpose.

I hate both of them, Dawn with her obnoxious penguin and Iris with her obnoxious baby dragon. Their Pokemon's voices make me want to claw their throats out.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:50 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:

I highly and i mean HIGHLY doubt their gonna use Airisu as the 8th Gym Leader.

And I definitely wont be susprised in the end Meloetta will team with Satoshi though it's gonna make it very very predicable,but interesting cause that will mean Giovanni will have to face him. I have a feeling Giovani wants Meloetta for her Relic Song cause it might have a connection with the medianite.

Though their gonna to have to release the team rocket vs team plasma eps for that theory to come true. If the eps were that controversial in japan cause of the quake then they should have put released the eps in the US only until they were ready. though thats my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I hate both of them, Dawn with her obnoxious penguin and Iris with her obnoxious baby dragon. Their Pokemon's voices make me want to claw their throats out.

But Kibago's voice is adorable

"Kiba, kiba~"

And no, Iris wont be the Dragon Gym leader. They established long ago it was Shaga and Iris comes from a rural native village. If anything, the series might end with her becoming his apprentice like she is in the games.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:34 am Reply with quote
...Homika instead of Drayden? Really, who made that decision? >_> If they knock Drayden off in the same way they almost did Wallace (his first appearance being in Diamond & Pearl)...
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
................hate dawn with a burning passion! They should have brought Misty back since she was so much better then all of them!
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:46 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

English or Japanese dub?
I personally feel like the English voices for both Kibago/Axew and Pocchama/Piplup are... a bit too human-sounding at times. Especially Kibago. Which makes them a bit awkward...
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
I personally feel like the English voices for both Kibago/Axew and Pocchama/Piplup are... a bit too human-sounding at times. Especially Kibago. Which makes them a bit awkward...

All the voice acting in the dub is awful, that's pretty much a given with 4Kids and 4Kids affiliate dubs.

No one should judge a show based on it's dub.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
You merely judge Black & White differently than you would Best Wishes!.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

All the voice acting in the dub is awful, that's pretty much a given with 4Kids and 4Kids affiliate dubs.

No one should judge a show based on it's dub.

Unfortunately thanks to they ( 4kids ) a majority of people belive that all english dubs are being done by them and go to the illegal fansubs.

Though the only saving grace was that they at least did Season 1 until Advanced Generation all right and I even watch them right now on CN's sister channel Boomerang.

As for the dubs for Diamond & Pearl and for Best Wishes, their doing a solid job so far.

HOWEVER every pokemon dub fan will agree that the current Voice Actress doing Ash is no Veronica Taylor.

And there are some that prefer the 4kids dub for James for some reason or the other,though personally i dont see the difference.

Also TitanXL dont be susprised after seaon two they make it a little more like the game & manga where Airisu is Shaga's granddaughter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
A forgotten point was made by one of the moderators for Bulbagarden's forums... It's entirely not impossible Satoshi won't win this one, and what a new concept that is, as he's never just picked up from losing a gym match and moved on to the next gym.

...Okay, one could really argue Norman if they wanted to from the beginning of his Hoenn quest, however Norman isn't meant to be the first leader despite Petalburg City being before Rustboro. Another argument would be Fantina, however she wasn't the third Gym Leader prior to Platinum.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

English or Japanese dub?

English dub. Although their Japanese voices are annoying as hell too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1