• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kanae Hazuki's Say "I love you" Shōjo Manga Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote
I've read this before and it's alright. Interesting that it's getting an anime adaptation though Cool

Ah, love triangles and misunderstandings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
please, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me this is not gonna be some rushed OVA.
When anime, please tell me its TV ANIME. These two, 'Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun' and 'Suki itte na yo' deserve tv anime more than anything.

but damn fujoshi don't buy shoujo anime! DAMN THEM!
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
When anime, please tell me its TV ANIME. These two, 'Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun' and 'Suki itte na yo' deserve tv anime more than anything.

That's because shoujo sucks, hell just reading that hook was dull and boring. Rolling Eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:15 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

That's because shoujo sucks, hell just reading that hook was dull and boring. Rolling Eyes

Dismissing an entire genre - ah yes, another classically intelligent dragon695 post. Rolling Eyes
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:17 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

....really? if it sucked so much then why do both these manga sell like hot cakes?

just because it doesn't have action, ninjas doesn't make it boring.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:

....really? if it sucked so much then why do both these manga sell like hot cakes?

just because it doesn't have action, ninjas doesn't make it boring.

Sell =/= Well done.

Agree, not having action, or ninjas doesn't mean it's boring.You can have a love story interesting and well done... which could be the case of this manga. But reading the hook does seems overdone and boring, like any ninja action overdone and boring, btw. :p
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

If you must contribute to the discussion then contribute to it, but just saying the equivalent of "x sucks" is nothing more than an attempt to provoke a response and is basically trolling. If you have no interest in a topic then don't participate in it, plain and simple. Believe it or not your opinion is not law, and attempting to incite arguments by simply belittling something you personally don't like and not contributing anything else is not going to fly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gorbal

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see more fun, manga based shoujo series. That Otome game crap is getting annoying, and boy am I sick of reverse harem series.
There are a lot of great shoujo manga series, and the ones they animate tend to do well, I don't understand why there aren't more of them.
gorbal

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see more fun, manga based shoujo series. That Otome game crap is getting annoying, and boy am I sick of reverse harem series.
There are a lot of great shoujo manga series, and the ones they animate tend to do well, I don't understand why there aren't more of them.
lys

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh, I am so excited to hear about both these series' upcoming anime! (though as a manga fan, my first thought is "I hope they catch enough attention among North American fans to get someone to think about licensing the manga!") Kodansha, Vertical(?), pleeeeeeeeease! I've been wishing for a chance to read either/both series for some time now; have bought a couple volumes of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun in Japanese...
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

If you must contribute to the discussion then contribute to it, but just saying the equivalent of "x sucks" is nothing more than an attempt to provoke a response and is basically trolling. If you have no interest in a topic then don't participate in it, plain and simple. Believe it or not your opinion is not law, and attempting to incite arguments by simply belittling something you personally don't like and not contributing anything else is not going to fly.

Someone asked why fujoshi don't buy it, I gave a perfectly valid reason: it sucks. If I left it at that, then you might be right, but I also stated that it sucks because the hooks for most of these recent shoujo sounds boring and overdone. Much like ninjas. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of old-school shoujos I do like, but they don't have a craptastic plot hook like this one.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Keonyn wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

Someone asked why fujoshi don't buy it, I gave a perfectly valid reason: it sucks. If I left it at that, then you might be right, but I also stated that it sucks because the hooks for most of these recent shoujo sounds boring and overdone. Much like ninjas. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of old-school shoujos I do like, but they don't have a craptastic plot hook like this one.

have you seen otome game adaptations? If you have you will know that they are nothing compared to shoujo manga anime adaptations.

yet, uta pri and hakuouki sold like hot cakes. why is this so? shouldn't hakouki or uta pri sell worse if they're worse than shoujo manga? because fujoshi DO buy anime. its just that the shoujo manga fujoshi aren't hardcore enough to buy the anime. that's why I said damn them. because they're not hardcore enough.

and like I said, if fujoshi wouldn't buy this, its sales wouldn't come close to 200k per volume if you see the latest volume and sales are sill increasing.

and I know sales=/= good story but sales DO count for SOMETHING.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:28 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Keonyn wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:

In your original post, you made no distinction between "old" and "new" shoujo. You said the entire genre sucks, which as Keonyn correctly pointed out, is simply straight up trolling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1