Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Tops U.S. iTunes' Electronic Album Chart




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Apollo-kun



Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 967
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Suck on THAT, Skrillex!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nottimkai



Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Suck on THAT, Skrillex!


WHY is there so much hate for Skrillex? I honestly want to know!

... I WANT to buy this album, but it is really obnoxious. Except that I think that I could PON every day and still be happy. I'm terrified of that, actually.

I don't want to melt into oblivion, and I fear this album could be a catalyst. It... has an unearthly nature to it.

Creepy, creepy PONPONPON OH GOD!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yotsubafanfan



Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 532

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I'm so happy to hear this, her songs are really good and her music videos are out of this world! It's like doing drugs when your not! They're that cool! Can't wait to buy the album! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shii



Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
nottimkai wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Suck on THAT, Skrillex!


WHY is there so much hate for Skrillex? I honestly want to know


He took a bad genre that only a few nerds liked, and made it into a bad genre with some catchy songs that a lot of people like, so the nerds are jealous.

Weird connection to the article. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is "electronic"? I was sure she was riffing on J-Pop...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4233

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
He took a bad genre that only a few nerds liked, and made it into a bad genre with some catchy songs that a lot of people like, so the nerds are jealous.


Just because you're too stuck-up to enjoy a musical genre doesn't give you free license to be a pretentious jackass.

(and before you pull what I know you're gonna pull, I don't listen to dubstep)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised at the chart topping. That one song she debuted with was terrifying to listen to (why must it be so catchy? ARRGGH) and to watch.

Shii wrote:
nottimkai wrote:
Apollo-kun wrote:
Suck on THAT, Skrillex!


WHY is there so much hate for Skrillex? I honestly want to know


He took a bad genre that only a few nerds liked, and made it into a bad genre with some catchy songs that a lot of people like, so the nerds are jealous.


He technically took a subgenre of the genre and made it popular.

Quote:

Weird connection to the article. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is "electronic"? I was sure she was riffing on J-Pop...


It can fall under electronic since pop music nowadays is pretty much done on computers (soft synths) and hardware synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuelp



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 1551
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:

It can fall under electronic since pop music nowadays is pretty much done on computers (soft synths) and hardware synths.

Her earlier stuff was even more electronic.

I'd put her in the same musical category as Perfume's stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
maxxjulie



Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 192

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
i've been a fan now for half a year so this is fantastic. music is catchy as hell and her music videos are loony toons crazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group