• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mew Mew Power in 2005

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Yay. I'm actually interested in seeing this. I've never seen the original, but maybe 4Kids and FUNimation will make an uncut DVD, like they did with Yu-gi-oh and Shaman King.

I'm still going to watch the edited version, though. I'm not quite as picky as some other people when a series gets changed around a little bit.

Even though I still am angry at Nelvana for what they did with "Cardcaptors". That's pretty much where I draw the line.
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Thank god if it did not come by next summer, I was thinking of a plot to have a bunch of fans of Tokyo Mew Mew, Yo-gi-oh, Pokemon, Shamen King, One Piece, Sonic and other anime they got their grimy hands on, and buy shares of stock. Who know if einogh anime fans got their hands on enogh shares of stock it might change.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
rlcoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I liked the original, so will probably try to watch the edited version. Problem is I am rarely awake on Saturday mornings, I am very much anight person.

A uncut DVD is something I would certainly buy. Hope they release it, but not holding my breath.

I did think it very amusing that 4Kids website says "We know what kids like" at the top. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Hi no Neko wrote:
Yay. I'm actually interested in seeing this. I've never seen the original, but maybe 4Kids and FUNimation will make an uncut DVD, like they did with Yu-gi-oh and Shaman King.

I'm still going to watch the edited version, though. I'm not quite as picky as some other people when a series gets changed around a little bit.

Even though I still am angry at Nelvana for what they did with "Cardcaptors". That's pretty much where I draw the line.

What did Nelvana do to Cardcaptors?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:01 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi: The same thing CLAMP did with Tsubasa.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:19 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
What did Nelvana do to Cardcaptors?

They took the 70-episode "Cardcaptor Sakura" anime seiries and turned into the 36-episode "Cardcaptors" series. I don't know all of the wonderful American names in "Cardcaptors", but I do know that in an attempt to make the show more appealing to boys, they attempted to make Li-kun's role more prominate (attempting to turn a shoujo series into a boys action series). It failed. Fortunately, Pioneer (Geneon) did release the entire series unedited in a subtitle-only format.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was a good thing Pioneer/Geneon did. Although, Geneon is selling the edited TV version as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:36 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Well, that was a good thing Pioneer/Geneon did. Although, Geneon is selling the edited TV version as well.

That's true. Funny thing is that I heard sales of the edited version got seriously plummented so they didn't release all of the "Star Cards" arc. Not that it matters anyways since it has one of the worst edits and cuts ever made. Thank God, Geneon did an awesome job with the second movie. *starts immortializing my DVD* Very Happy

But back on topic, I wonder what the exact date for the premiere of Mew Mew Power will be. Rolling Eyes

I just hope once it premieres, it doesn't gets shuffled in the time slots into a point it gets cancelled.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:44 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I just hope once it premieres, it doesn't gets shuffled in the time slots into a point it gets cancelled.

Yeah. Who picked 8:30 in their time slot pool? You're probably the winner.
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:54 pm Reply with quote
*Caulating* Okay the best times are 8:00, 8:30 and 9:30. Since kids WB times vary from time zone to time zone, their top two shows (Pokemon and Yo-Gi-Oh), If its a at 10:00 it will probly die because in all time zones, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh is on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
JHawkNH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
kusanagi: The same thing CLAMP did with Tsubasa.

What did CLAMP do to Tsubasa? I am reading the manga right now and I love the series. I thought Clamp created Tsubasa.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind that the greatest competition for Foxbox on Saturday mornings in terms of kids' eyeballs isn't Kids WB, it's Nickelodeon. For example, on Saturday, October 30th, the ratings waters under One Piece's ship were mainly sopped up by a certain famous yellow square sponge who shall remain nameless by a factor of 5:1, with the sponge getting a 7.5 Nielsen rating and One Piece getting only 1.5.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I meant that CLAMP changed CCS the exact way Nelvana changed CCS through Tsubasa.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote
You're implying the fact that they made Li Syaoron the main character, right?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Keep in mind that the greatest competition for Foxbox on Saturday mornings in terms of kids' eyeballs isn't Kids WB, it's Nickelodeon. For example, on Saturday, October 30th, the ratings waters under One Piece's ship were mainly sopped up by a certain famous yellow square sponge who shall remain nameless by a factor of 5:1, with the sponge getting a 7.5 Nielsen rating and One Piece getting only 1.5.

Heh, Kids like Sponge Bob 5x better than One Piece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2