• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Removes Moribito from Weekend Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
monkeyshinobi wrote:
Seriously Inuyasha reruns again!! o.o If they aren't going to show new anime they could at least rerun other shows that are never on anymore like Eureka 7! D8

[as] no longer has the broadcast rights for Eureka seveN.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Wow, now they can show more episodes of Robot Chicken and Frisky Dingo! Won't that be fun?

You sick, jaded, twisted, cynical bastard. Twisted Evil
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote
Argh! They removed a good show for a additional episode of "Dogboy"? I was looking forward to the new episodes of Moribito... Mad

Then again, it is Adult Swim. Logic isn't their strong suit, so I stopped trying to understand them a long time ago. Despite my initial "Grrrr!" reaction, I'm not surprised. It'll probably return at some point in time. Who knows? The first 10 episodes might be the only ones they have, but I doubt it.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I'm not all too upset about this. I wasn't overly thrilled with the show anyway.

I mainly enjoy watching Bleach and Code Geass. I considered Moribito a "bridge that need to be crossed" or an "obstacle to get over" when watching it.

Sure it isn't a bad show, but I don't think it is an excellent one either...

Don't get me wrong, I was somewhat anticipating the new episodes.. I'm just not really that disappointed that I'm not going to see them (at least not at this time)
newborntoanime

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
I knew they would do this. I used to love Inuyasha but now I seriously f***ing hate it! Evil or Very Mad
eyesopen0791

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
Cait wrote:
Great, and just as I had actually gotten into the series. Now I have to hope Blockbuster has it for rental. I know the ratings were probably low and everything, but Adult Swim does these shows no service by continuously changing the schedule like this. It's very off-putting to not know if a show will be on one week or the next.

I am just so stunned. Speechless. I was just checking my shows to be recorded when I noticed Moribito completely disappeared from my lineup. Then I happened to be on the Internet and read this news. Disappointment is not a strong enough word to describe me.

At this point I'm going to special order the novel from my Barnes & Noble, I've waited way, way too long to see how this story goes, like everyone else, and I'm going to need something. Also, ask/beg my library system to buy the DVDs, it's worth that shot.

By the by, Cait, are you liking Blockbuster for renting anime? I found my recent Blockbuster experience to be poor compared to Netflix. Blockbuster was always a day slower in turnaround and not all of their anime are catalogued in anime, which is so...unhelpful.
boznia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
As others have said, if Geass isn't affected, then ratings shouldn't be the issue. Maybe the replay of the first 10 episodes was to stall so they could resolve whatever issues there were, but they couldn't get things settled in time. Maybe we'll get actual answers so we don't have to guess.

I just hope they'll eventually show the rest of the series.

Last edited by boznia on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
This reminds me of when Inuyasha was still airing new episodes and the times had changed. Seriously, why not bring back series might boost ratings so shows like Morbito have a chance to finish their run. I remember after almost fifty episodes Case Closed was taken off air. I realize ratings matter, but I understand what fans of this show are feeling like now.

Though I am not if Netflix has the complete series of Case Closed, I'd sure enjoy watching the series via television again even if took 7-8 years to complete the series like Inuyasha. I've watched a couple minutes of Moribito and compared to other shows, this is a well done show. Hopefully Moribito will eventually be aired on televison again, or at least during the week days.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
No Moriibito? You've gotta be fuckin' kidding me! FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE GAMBLING EPISODE GODDAMNIT!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote
[expletive] AS all ways doing this crap
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
[expletive] AS all ways doing this crap

Further proves that Adult Swim clearly has no idea how to air anime on their block.

If you'll excuse me, I'd love nothing more than Kim Manning and Mike Lazzo's heads on pikes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:02 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I just hope don't get the bitter end of the deal, just like the Case Closed cancelation. I know that ratings equal money, but I would have figured the ratings for a well thought out series like this would be higher.

Hopefully some sort of deal happens.
babaca

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:05 am Reply with quote
Not the first time that Cartoon Network have tried to kill off this show. Remember when they moved it to 4 in the blasted morning? Geez CN give us a break! You inundate us with *shudder* Family Guy and your lame 'Original Programming' (Oddly enough Robot Chicken doesn't bother me too much ... but are you really showing us enough Family Guy?)

I have nothing against an extra InuYasha... if they ever got to the point that they would show the episodes that haven't made the tv here. Is it so hard to finish the series already?
nedmech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
Just chiming in with my 2 cents of disgruntlement with AS too... When they keep doing stuff like this to quality shows, it makes it really hard to support the "legitimate" sources of anime. Illegal streaming and torrents are about the only methods left for most of us to watch really great shows like Moribito.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
Hell, even Sci-Fi, for all their massive problems with commercials and being annoying, know how to keep a show in one slot and at a convenient time for the age demographic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10