• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Removes Moribito from Weekend Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:
Ever since they moved all their anime to Saturday nights only, no story of AS's mistreatment of a series surprises me anymore.

A related question: why did they show the seventh episode of CG R2 last week if they showed the last one of the first season two weeks ago?

Bandai fell behind on the dubs, so they had to delay them for three weeks.

Falling behind on dubs? How long does it take Bang Zoom, Animaze, or any other dub studio to dub ONE episode of any given anime?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote
this is not surprising to me at all, sure morbito may be a little slow but it's a decent enough anime worth a watch but come on people, this is [AS] we're talking about, the only thing that they push out with any amount of enthusiasm is reruns of shows from other networks, and their own subpar shows that only a stoner would find entertaining. As far as I'm concerend the most anime fans should be doing is to not react as harshly to their actions with anime if anything the schedualing staff probably get a kick or two out of our angered reactions, true [AS] is being unfair to most if not all anime fans, but if anime fans continue to react in this way it may just end up encouraging them to push more reruns and their own shows, to see how far most anime fans patientce will go with the way they're running things, so when fans are just about get to the breaking point then shuffle out some anime to try and keep viewers from taking off, petitions, boycots, harrasing mail and messages are mostlikely not a good way to try and get things to the way most anime fans want AS to be, but complaining on a forum isn't going to help either. well that's my two cents if anyone gets mad at what I posted Meh I've the right to my own opinion and everyone posting here has the right to their own opinion
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:47 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
[expletive] AS all ways doing this crap

Further proves that Adult Swim clearly has no idea how to air anime on their block.

If you'll excuse me, I'd love nothing more than Kim Manning and Mike Lazzo's heads on pikes.

Don't blame Kim Manning, she only acquires anime for AS. She has no say in the scheduling or what happens to anime after she acquires them. She may be the only person left at AS who likes anime. Imagine how it feels for her, knowing her entire job is to acquire anime for AS, and that after acquiring said anime, AS will schedule and reschedule the anime until there's only 10 people left watching?

AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:
Ever since they moved all their anime to Saturday nights only, no story of AS's mistreatment of a series surprises me anymore.

A related question: why did they show the seventh episode of CG R2 last week if they showed the last one of the first season two weeks ago?

Falling behind on dubs? How long does it take Bang Zoom, Animaze, or any other dub studio to dub ONE episode of any given anime?

Considering there was only a week or 2 off between AS finishing Season 1 and starting R2, they didn't have too much time. It takes time to adapt a script to logical English lip flap, then bring in a dozen+ VAs to record an episode. Frankly I'm surprised they've been doing it as fast as they have while still having decent quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Wow, now they can show more episodes of Robot Chicken and Frisky Dingo! Won't that be fun?

It's not the repeats of those two shows that bewilder me, it's the acquisition of the PJ's. The PJ's? The toasterfrakking PJ's? There is no God.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:57 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Wow, now they can show more episodes of Robot Chicken and Frisky Dingo! Won't that be fun?

Robot Chicken is awesome.

As for this, I didn't enjoy this show that much. Although with it being put at the bad time i could only expect that. I am happy for Code Geass though.

The Pjs? Pjs in the projects Pjs? Is it the old seasons? If so me and AS will be on great terms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:

Quite a while. Finalization in an episode's script isn't an hour-based job. That, and voice acting isn't so simple: they don't bring in a VA and record all their lines from a single episode from a single day; they only record a few lines daily.

The audio needs to be edited and cleaned up before it can be used.

Trust me...it isn't so much as getting a script, plugging in a mic, then just talking. It's pretty technical...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
That Show sucked They did something good! Now put on Haruhi!!!

Wow, way to give a show a chance. It seems like the forums are full of ADD kids run rampant. Moribito is a slow paced show and you should go in expecting that. I enjoyed it immensely for its visuals and sound technician. I'm sorry it doesn't enough have "Balls to the Wall LOL so randum xD *holds up spork*" for you, but it was a well done show.

Know a show that actually does suck in nearly every aspect? Soul Link. If that's not enough, watch Odin: Starlight Mutiny.

Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:

That's not unreasonable though, because the show only ended in October.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
So this makes Moribito the only AS Anime of finite length to not finish at least a single run.
Well there is Astroboy, but that's kinda hard to finish if I remember correctly.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
So this makes Moribito the only AS Anime of finite length to not finish at least a single run.

Fans of Mobile Suit Gundam might argue differently.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:11 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:

If you remember Gurren Lagann also had the same issue when it had its 1st run on Sci-Fi. Bandai had to make at least 2 episodes a week because Sci-Fi aired Gurren Lagann as a full hour a week instead of just half an hour. So Bandai fell behind in the dubbing because they couldnt dub fast enough and some weeks they had to air like Street Fighter and whatever else they could while Bandai was falling behind on the dubbing for Gurren Lagann
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:13 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:

Fans of Mobile Suit Gundam might argue differently.

Not to mention i would of loved to have seen the 2nd season of Lupin that Geneon made before Geneon went down in the dumps. oh and i preferred Yu Yu Hakusho on Adult Swim but at any rate neither AS or Toonami could finish that series since Toonami only went to the half way mark of the Sensui saga just right when it was getting good in that season
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quote
I'm not gonna condemn Adult Swim over this just yet. Like someone else posted earlier, it may be that the dubbing studio fell behind on things. Or it may just be something else with Media Blasters itself. Except for Mobile Suit Gundam I don't think CN/AS ever completely canceled a show without letting it finish its run. In the case of Yu Yu Hakusho, it did finish airing, but it was bumped to some really odd early morning time slot on the weekend when it finished. So no wonder most people never saw it. In the end, I still don't fully trust Cartoon Network or Adult Swim with anime, but for some reason I think something else happened for them to just abruptly yank it off of the schedule. Especially since its the only thing they changed on the schedule this time around. If they were really screwing with the anime again, I don't think it would have been the only thing taken off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quote
Seriously, this may not be AS's fault. If the series is doing well in the ratings, it probably wasn't something they wanted to do. I'd bet they just don't have any new episodes to show and so are removing the title until they do. I personally don't want to see more repeats of the first ten until the series can move on.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
I gave up on AS years ago and starting buying DVDs. Other anime fans should do the same.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
Adult Swim has reaped the fruit of airing slow, boring CRAP and almost nothing but while Sci-Fi turns a two hour infomercial for Manga Entertainment into a better two hours of anime than AS has had since Champloo ended. Moribito was dull, boring, and SLOW. And Kim Manning loves slow shows, but no one else does.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10