• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Slayers Light Novels

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seratonin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Does the slayers animation cover the whole Light Novels series? If not do I have to read all of the Light Novels?

anime#657
Beaux10

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
According to TVTropes, the first 8 novels form the anime while the rest diverges. I've also heard that Zelgadis and Amelia part ways with Lina and she gets new allies, Luke and Milina. I haven't finished the anime or read the novels but this is what I've heard.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
The second half of the series has only ever had one adaptation, IIRC. Amelia and Zelgadis aren't in that half, though said adaptation stuck them in anyway.
Ferian

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
Slayers and Slayers Next adapt most of the first 8 novels. Revolution and Evolution-R makes use of some parts previously left unadapted but twists them into a much bigger plot than what it was in the novels.
The third season (Slayers Try) is completely new material created for the anime.
NOTHING from volume 9 and on is adapted into anime form as far as I know. Luke and Milina appear in the Hourglass of Falces manga but that story is not canon to the novels.
The first 8 books of the novel series have been released in the U.S. but as far as I know will be difficult to find. Volume 9 is fan-translated, though no official releases exist beyond Japan. From there on, it is Japanese-only, with no visible interest from anyone to release the rest of the series in English.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1