• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bug in the Encyclopedia?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfrog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:59 am Reply with quote
I was trying to add a staff member for Digimon: Diaboromon Strikes Back (#1986) - don't ask - and I *couldn't*

I had the option to add a plot summary, an alternative title, trivia, and any of that. Just not cast members or staff members. Anyone else have this problem?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:26 am Reply with quote
Tried to enter the information from staff's entry -> Staff position in an anime -> chose Digimon: Diaboromon Strikes Back -> verify information ->

This anime is a special case: the staff can't be added. Instead, it should be added in one of the related anime.

I wonder why this is a "special case." Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote
If that's an English translation of the title, shouldn't it be Diablomon?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Weird... there was a staff comment saying "This anime should be deleted; anime #154 already existed." But #154 has nothing to do with Digimon; it's a Gundam title. I guess instead of deleting that entry, someone just recycled it by renaming to a new title but forgot to remove the restriction on staff/cast/company entries. Anyway, it's fixed now and you can add information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jfrog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Got the same problem again with Neo-Tokyo. Can add cast information and English staff no problem, but not Japanese staff.

EDIT: Figured out that I could get around it by adding people as staff members for another country, and then editing it so that they're listed under Japanese Staff. Still annoying, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Uhh, no, don't do that, or at least check with us first. Japanese staff were banned from that movie because they should be added to the three movies that Neo-Tokyo is made up of.

Unless you are certain that all those staff held those positions on the entire production, please remove them.

Thanks.

-t
jfrog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:21 pm Reply with quote
All the Japanese staff I added for the main Neo-Tokyo entry were for the entire thing. Producers, the guy who wrote the soundtrack, stuff like that. If someone was animation director or what have you for only one of the segments, I added them under the sub-entry.

Speaking of anthologies, do you think it would be possible for someone to break Robot Carnival up the way Neo-Tokyo, Memories, and The Animatrix are? The page looks kinda ugly, with nine people listed as the director.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1