• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sengoku Collection (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 26 (final)

So it was not really the total sum up I was expecting, we did get a rather big fight that took a good portion of the episode. I did enjoy that we got some nice scenes with the ninja from the previous episode, Kotarou Fuuma, I got a number of laughs seeing spoiler[her confidence rewarded with various hits.] Nobunaga's showdown was a good watch, the fighting reminded me of being typical shounen, what with Shinku yelling spoiler["I am getting fired up"], and general underboob doing moves that looked like something from Dragonball Z. A spoiler[new samurai also fell from the sky] also for some reason, kind of vissually reminded me of spoiler[Angel].

I suprisingly enjoyed the bit which acted as a where are they now for all the characters, largely because I really liked a bunch of them, and putting it to the music of the first and second ED was good, I liked the music in this series. There are spoilers obviously bellow, but I do not want to cover the entire thing in one big blot of black. Now I will be useing nicknames for some characters that sound a little silly. Shinku returned back to her friend, Jun, our tea party pranksters drinking tea watching the cute denjo leader with her tv show. The previously cursed maide is walking with her older friend, who go past Masamune's young aunt and friends, including scary friend, there appears to be a festival. At the festival our sand castle queen gets presented a candy apple by her friend, our assassin is useing her skills to buy presents for her nicknamer friend (the one that kissed Nobunaga), the stall owner is not happy.

The three roomates girls are there too, and the elder two pissed off their youngest again. Our Yuri couple walking by and happen to see the first samurai in space with a checken wing stall, along with her partner the talking russian kettle. The next stall is our inventor with her assistant, and on the stage is Mitsuhide's attendant banging the drums, with our rice loving Hideyoshi dancing. I can not place the girl with the canon, but Masamune and her teacher watch the fireworks from a window, the attendant who likes making tea also takes a gander out the window. The Haiku lover stops to write a a haiku on the site of the fireworks, the midnight rider rides along to the sight hit with a paper, money from the car of the con artist who is with the diplomat's daughter. General underboobs is in a hotspring with with her tactician, the mood ruined by Kotarou jumping in, the tactician looks futely helpless without her glasses.

Shot to a sci-fi looking enviroment, with robots like the ones in the russian station, and a familiar looking samurai who chops them up, and then it was cut. Oh its a movie made by the guy who did the "documentry", the samurai was the one that tried to attack him that time, seems things are better there. Our chaotic luck girl is watching the movie in a theatre. Ieyasu is still doing her idol thing, and our normal guy sees Mitsuhide still being chased by Nobuna. The girls finally run out of breath, and held each other's hands, smile at each other, perhaps they will be happy there, and then "The End".

I really liked this series, and I was so happy to watch the video in the credits showing bits of each episode. It may not be widely popular show, people dropping it early, some not liking it as much as me, but I would definetly get this if it came out here.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Cannon girl was Masamune's aunt. I really love how they did the ending bit - and that they remembered to include the guy from the first episode. My main complaint is that spoiler[the new girl] didn't get a name. The trouble with spoiler[Mitsuhide and her evil treasure] also should've been resolved on screen or at least talked about a bit more this episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3