• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Atelier Ayesha RPG's Battle Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Atelier Ayesha is the latest is Gust's Atelier RPG series. It is currently slated for a June 28 release on the PlayStation 3 console in Japan, and will be sold in a regular edition for 7,140 yen (about US$85) and in the Premium Box edition for 10,290 yen (about US$125).

There's also a 11,990 yen Famitsu DX Box that comes with post cards and a poster that's available exlusively at ebten. Guess which version I have pre-ordered.

Anyway, the most interesting thing about this video to me is that the game has expanded support actions. Everyone can be defended and Ayesha herself can do it, so now the main alchemist character isn't just being defended by everyone else.

You can also see that items now have elemental attributes in addition to a raw quality rating.
Xanas

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I like the effects and such but the music isn't to my liking. It's got good instruments, but I think it's the composition that I don't like. There just isn't much that makes it feel right for combat music.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Those SFX reminds us of Batman's POW! and WHAM! etc. Laughing
N.R.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
Checks video...Yep, the game still looks amazing. Next video please!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1