• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Anthology Apology

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Spoiler: the world of Ys is a big computer game, and the heroes go into the real world to find the game's developer, who tells them that they're JUST DATA. Then he's defeated, but the franchise never recovers.

Laughing

That being said, spoiler[Star Ocean 3] was probably the only game to ever floor me with a plot twist....
superdry

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Ciel no Surge.

Quote:

Relatively low. The Ar Tonelico series made it over here, but those were RPGs at the very least. Dialogue-driven games like Ciel no Surge are a harder sell.

I can see NISA picking it up if it was a complete game from the get go. The fact that the game has more installments is a a little daunting to localize. Maybe NISA could pick it up once all installments are out.

It'll sell at least to the Ar Tonelico crowd and the rest of the fans who have bought NISA's current titles. Make it a limited edition and you're all set.

Mushihimesama:

Quote:

Import Barrier: Some of Cave's Xbox 360 shooters are region-free. This is not one of them. At least it's easy to understand once you get past that roadblock.

Any one who's into bullet hell shmups should already own a Japanese 360. But, I do agree that RSG could definitely pick this one up for a US/EU release.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Hardgear wrote:
Quote:
Spoiler: the world of Ys is a big computer game, and the heroes go into the real world to find the game's developer, who tells them that they're JUST DATA. Then he's defeated, but the franchise never recovers.

Laughing

That being said, spoiler[Star Ocean 3] was probably the only game to ever floor me with a plot twist....

There's also a certain Shin Megami Tensei game which also did that, but A LOT better...
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
The monstrous Street Fighter box doesn't have the Street Fighter II V anime series in it? That's a shame; it's a pretty fun pulpy action show for most of its length.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I actually quite enjoyed SF II:V back when a few channels had been airing it on their anime content block.

Either way, there came a definitive point in my life where I woke up one morning and realised I might as well not pay full price for a Street Fighter piece of merchandise......their prices drop lock a rock on Amazon these days.....
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
SF Anniversary Collection: WHOA

ZoE: Meh, quite frankly overblow the crap out of those titles. They're okay, but not exactly anything worth gushing over.

LoS: Blech, call me when Konami stops being ashamed of being Japanese and hands Castlevania back to Iga.

Guild 01: At the very least I want Crimson Shroud. Matsuno is still probably the best writer in the gaming industry. His characters make everyone else's look amateurish in comparison
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The game's set to arrive in Japan this December, and Sega's said nothing about bringing it to North America.

It'll happen. Fans supported the zombie game. And even if they didn't, the main games are still popular enough here. Besides, SEGA's got nothing else notable coming up next year.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Street Fighter Anniversary Box: I'm sure Bison's yes is all one needs to say once they see the box. I'm interested in that Blanka watch you have though. ;D

Zone of the Enders: As far as ZoE goes, I only ever played the first game. Have I been missing out on a potentially great series?

Unchained Blades sequel: Dang, look at all that talent going into it! Yasuda, Enami, Nagasawa, Asamiya and Tanaka; meanwhile we still haven't received the first game yet.

Ciel no Surge: Let me just say that while Ar tonelico's Cosmosphere diving was a unique feature for a JRPG at the time, it quickly got annoying at times. ATQ's just got too out of control stupid, to the point of near-Neptunia levels of parody (perhaps this is where the idea for Neptunia's horrible nonsense came from).

Ys Origin: I would just like to say "Yes!" to this announcement.
sdzero

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:26 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Zone of the Enders: As far as ZoE goes, I only ever played the first game. Have I been missing out on a potentially great series?

Yes you have my fellow gamer. The second game is so much better than the first. It truly is a sequel.

I'm definitely looking forward to Yakuza 5. That series doesn't get the attention it deserves.
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:17 am Reply with quote
About time Kojima. That's all I have to say. Oh, and I hope it's not some portable or social game.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
A new ZoE? Color me slightly intersted. I never played the first, but the Second Runner was fun, even though it was Super Short. Zero-shift battle against Anubis, woohoo!
thepsychogamer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Really excited for Yakuza 5.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Make the new ZoE somewhat substantial, please? 2nd Runner was WAY too short (it didn't help that they had the entire prologue on a demo disc).

I'm still interested in the SF collection. All things considered, that stuff would cost a lot more on its own.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1