• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Sci Fi Channel to Run Rave Master Fantasy Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, this could be an incentive for Sci Fi to air a good amount of episodes. I have only seen the first 13 episodes. Don't know if anyone else noticed this but Michelle and Yuri have played love interests or the like in these other shows: Euphemia/Suzaku on Geass; Kluke/Shu on Blue Dragon; and Yoko/Simone on Gurren Lagann.
jeremyd5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Gurren Lagann is coming back. I missed it the first time around and definitely want to check that out. The movies don't excite me all that much, but I must admit to being curious as to how Sci-fi is going to handle Ninja Scroll, especially considering what happens during the first 20 minutes.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
yes it back and maybe they will finish this time
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quote
So sense they say Gundam is going on break does that mean that Sci Fi will be showing the 2nd season at some point? I don't see why they wouldn't as being the Sci Fi channel Gundam is one of the best fits but still a confirmation would be nice.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Let me say what's undoubtedly on everybody's minds right now:

WHAT. THE. HELL?!?

Lemme get this straight. They're taking off Gundam 00 after the first season to show Tokyopop's crappy hackjob dub of Groove Adventure Rave?!? What next? 4Kids' One Piece?
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote
jeremyd5 wrote:
Glad to see Gurren Lagann is coming back. I missed it the first time around and definitely want to check that out. The movies don't excite me all that much, but I must admit to being curious as to how Sci-fi is going to handle Ninja Scroll, especially considering what happens during the first 20 minutes.

It's going to be a big blurry mess. I don't know why they are even attempting Ninja Scroll but I lost interest in Rave Master after it's CN run so maybe I'll give it another chance. I would love for scifi to get some ties with other companies though. It doesn't even have to be Funi. ADV has a good back catalog that deserves some play and some of the more main stream and recent bandai shows would be good like another run of E7 maybe?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote
jeremyd5 wrote:

Sci-Fi already aired the Ninja Scroll movie. I've never seen the uncut movie, so I can't compare, but there was at least one point later on spoiler[after that one poison woman, whatever her name was, was caught] where it seemed like some stuff got cut out, because the scenes seemed to jump around a bit oddly. There was also quite a bit of blurred nudity throughout.

I'm not sure they edited much, or any, of the violence though. Sci-Fi doesn't seem to care about violence, you should see some of their live-action movies. As for Ninja Scroll, I know they still showed spoiler[people being ripped in half and that one weird rock guy drinking blood from a severed limb], though I can't say whether the original movie showed a bit more.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
The original movie showed sexually related scenes on top of violence.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote
If Sci-Fi is going to play old programs, they might as well play old Gundam programs. Why not get ahold of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, which CN never gave a full airing? Or Zeta Gundam, though the dub is almost unbearable. Make Sci-Fi the place to watch Gundam and succeed where CN failed.

It helps not airing it at 1:00 am like CN did SEED.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Hopefully, this could be an incentive for Sci Fi to air a good amount of episodes. I have only seen the first 13 episodes. Don't know if anyone else noticed this but Michelle and Yuri have played love interests or the like in these other shows: Euphemia/Suzaku on Geass; Kluke/Shu on Blue Dragon; and Yoko/Simone on Gurren Lagann.

I hadn't thought of it but you're right. And you left out Girls Bravo, they played love interests in that as well. Though I think Rave Master would be the first one. I'm gonna give this one a look when it airs. Sometimes you see things differently a 2nd time around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Very cool. I was actually trying to buy the DVDs for this but they never finished the show! I wonder if any more episodes were completed (probably not).

-Tofu
Nebs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Yup, in fact Rave Master is where Yuri Lowenthal got his big brake & landed his first major role. He got the role of Sasuke in Naruto after that, & it was all up hill from there.

Doesn't change the fact that the English dub has horrible hackjob dialogue though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Zipper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I watched this subbed a while back and liked it a lot (took a while to get into though). Never saw the dub but heard bad things about it. This doesn't quite fit with the rest of the Sci-Fi anime block. Not sure what they were thinking with this.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
Let me say what's undoubtedly on everybody's minds right now:

WHAT. THE. HELL?!?

Lemme get this straight. They're taking off Gundam 00 after the first season to show Tokyopop's crappy hackjob dub of Groove Adventure Rave?!? What next? 4Kids' One Piece?
I suppose you've a better suggestion?
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Whhyyy??!! I can't stay up late on school nights. >.< But i'm glad rave master is back on tv!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6