• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night fox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And I actually thought CalicoAshlie was actually trying to troll a bit with the questions. I apologise for thinking that and the initial sarcastic comment.

There's absolutely NO WAY that someone with an avatar THAT CUTE can be a troll. Wink <--- my sarcasm smiley of choice
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:56 am Reply with quote
I was browsing some anime fight scenes on YouTube, came across this one from Sword Art Online. You know, the "fight" in episode four where Kirito tanks a bunch of hits from the PK guild whilst protecting Sylvie.

So why bring it up? Well, a comment pointed out that out Kirito was not the only dual-wielder in Aincrad: the bandit with the purple bandana used twin axes. You can clearly see him hold them at 2m 22s into the video and he uses them both at approx 3m 05s (you'll need to pause).

I know it's an anime-only continuity error, but given how dual-wielding is supposed to be this big plot point it's pretty funny to see some random one-shot punk use it before our hero did.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:21 am Reply with quote
I think someone in the comments section of the video explained it that the guy was simply swapping between two one handed attacks, being able to only do one at a time, while Kirito could use both swords at once. I know that the series also mentions something about automatic combos where the game assists at performing the attack. Having just watched the Excalibur arc in the second season, it is actually mentioned then that Kirito cannot technically do dual wielding in Alfheim, but he strings together multiple combos from either hand that it appears that he is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 274 of 274