• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sugoicon and Ohayocon Opinions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
New2Anime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Hi. I never really had an interest in Anime until last year a friend of mine begged me to go with him to Sugoicon (in KY/OH Cincinnati area). So I went just to hang out with my friends, and ended up finding myself more and more interested the more I looked around. Over the last year I have been sampling a little of everything, trying to figure out what I like and what I dont, and what half the stuff I saw actually was. We are all going back to Sugoicon again soon, and I have seen posts and web pages about Ohayocon which is coming in up January.

Although I liked Sugoicon last year, I thought it was very small for a convention. I was expecting a lot more to see and do. I think now that I actually have started watching anime and will recognize some (very few I suppose, there is SO much out there I think I am just getting a glimpse so far) of the works, this year should be even more fun than last year, but from what I have seen and heard, it wont be too much bigger.

Does anyone know if Ohayocon is bigger or has more there? If so, how much bigger? We were thinking about going, but I am not sure if I want to make the trip or not (its a bit further for me to travel there than Sugoicon). If anyone has been to both and can give some comparisons or insight I would greatly appreciate it!
Hunter Gren

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
well, according to the anime cons website traking info, the reported attendance for Sugoi con is about a third the attendance of Ohayo Con.

I'm going to be at both this year, perhapse you'll see me there.

I'll be in the dealer room at the Sogen Con booth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1