• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in the Philippines.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreater1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Haven't been following shows lately and the last one I've finished was Animax's Gurren Lagann . I'm quite amazed by the liveliness of the cast and was quickly drawn into it. Probably the best yet weird mecha I've seen recently. As for others, I'm currently following Tears to Tiara and I'm also following HERO's You're Under Arrest for nostalgia blast and I'm happy to say that the cast are really great. They really draw the character's emotion well. I especially like Aoi's voice actress, sounds familiar but I can't put my tongue into it. Keep up the good work. Setting that aside, as we Filipino knows, Shana II is actually showing on ANIMAX this July 1 but I've been wondering... did they ever show Shana I? I was at some province for some months so I don't know what I missed on ANIMAX. I just find it weird.
cutemi2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
http://www.justin.tv/theblockerph
here are the commercial clips from TV5, including Toradora!
AU_Gundam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote
boogiecat wrote:
I think Gundam OO will be aired on Cartoon Network Philippines this year(seasons 1 and 2) but im not so sure if TV5 would buy that series but for sure they'll air that thing..

Hero TV will be airing a couple of Mecha animes(i won't say those titles yet but those titles are good).. Laughing

Animax??Maybe they'll air Code Geass and Macross Frontier IF THEY CAN!! Laughing

Any of them airing GaoGaiGar, Mazinkaiser, or any of the Shin Getter ovas would make my day.

00 NEEDS to be on the air to help sunder the SEED fanboyism.

And heck, animax, do us a favor. Show spoiler[SHIN MAZINGER SHOGEKI Z-HEN!!!]
boogiecat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote
Finally TV5's airing Haruhi Suzumiya this coming Monday!! Laughing
darkzero999

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
aaahh. they went back the the summer episodes on toradora on tv5. They probably haven't finished dubbing the series yet. and they were getting close to the Christmas episode that I was waiting for.

nothing much new to animax except shana 2. their hayate the combat butler dub is quite remarkable. compared to their dub of tsubasa chronicles 2 it quite a big improvement. I just hope they'll get season 2 after this. on the other hand I kinda like tv5 dub on shana 2 better.

mecha on animax. they are probably just loosing the race with Hero. I think once hero gets the license to air a particular anime they tend to get the elusive license to air that anime. so far as I know that's what happened to yakitate japan and naruto.

tears to tiara is good. but I was expecting more from it though. they seemed to have omitted some scenes from the PC version of the game(no not the h-scenes). I was hoping to see more about that where slyr lost her pelt seal costume.

what time slot will Haruhi be? I hope they'll get mikoru and haruhi right.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
darkzero999 wrote:
what time slot will Haruhi be?

6pm M-F. Code Geass R2 will finish rerunning this week.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
My, this thread I started grew pretty well!

Anyway, looks like we're in for an Asatte no Houkou/Pumpkin Scissors jolly-good time. Shakugan no Shana Second is ending next week. In the meantime, Hayate no Gotoku, Tears to Tiara, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are on full-bore. And, yes, Gurenn Lagann just ended.

Which brings me to TV5. I guess, with ABC-5's rebirth, they still managed to leave a spot for anime in their plans. As a result, they practically have two of ANIMAX's treasured premieres (Shakugan no Shana Second and FMA Brotherhood, plus Autumn 2008's best, Toradora, which is never before aired outside of Japan before (except in Singapore); and the infamous Suzumiya Haruhi.. Honestly, this network has lots of muscle, yet thoughtful enough to remember folks without cable. ABS-CBN and GMA has either abandoned their anime initiative or relies on reruns.
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
boogiecat wrote:
Animax??Maybe they'll air Code Geass and Macross Frontier IF THEY CAN!! Laughing

Or maybe they're letting TV5 trump them again! Oh--TV5 just did with Code Geass.

dgreater wrote:
but I've been wondering... did they ever show Shana I?

Nope, because TV5 beat them to airing it. So they went for Shana II instead. And TV5 also has it.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Wonder why TV5 is rerunning FMA:B. They're only showing one episode a week, so the dubbers being busy shouldn't have as much impact as with Haruhi (ten episodes, then back to the start) or Toradora (two runs of the first twelve episodes, then we get up to 17, then back to 9 up to 17 again, then back to 1).
kenshinflyer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Wonder why TV5 is rerunning FMA:B. They're only showing one episode a week, so the dubbers being busy shouldn't have as much impact as with Haruhi (ten episodes, then back to the start) or Toradora (two runs of the first twelve episodes, then we get up to 17, then back to 9 up to 17 again, then back to 1).

...or maybe TV5 has only a few dubbers so far... I thought the rerunning of Toradora Episode 1 is because they want to skip the Christmas episode...
boogiecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote
Hero TV will be airing Seto no Hanayome,Utawarerumono and Cheeky Angel.. Laughing Wow Hero TV's improving on thier anime lineup...

Blue Dragon tagalized dubs on ABS-CBN 2 and Gintama soon on that channel also!!WOW!! Laughing
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
boogiecat wrote:
Hero TV will be airing Seto no Hanayome,Utawarerumono and Cheeky Angel.

Cheeky Angel is probably the Telesuccess dub that QTV aired only once, amazingly enough (given how they show all their anime at least twice). Grace Cornel does a great tomboy voice/Megumi Hayashibara impersonation here (her Faye Valentine seemed to be based on Wendee Lee's rather than Megumi's). I'm also buying the Viz manga.

Then again Hero came up with their own Twelve Kingdoms dub even though TSP did that as well for GMA. Hazel Hernan's first lead role, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe GMA had an exclusive deal on that, like TSP's dub of Slam Dunk.
boogiecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Grace Cornel is also in ABS-CBN 2's new anime called Les Misérables: Shōjo Cosette.. Laughing She's Cosette there! Laughing She's really in demand these days and she's great!

QTV 11 is airing animes in english lately,the likes of Astroboy(2003 version) and Bakugan Battle Brawlers...

I hope they'll air Pokemon english dubs there on that channel..I still prefer the english dubs of Pokemon(i really like Veronica Taylor and Rachel Lillis's voice acting there which is EPIC!!!) Laughing
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:26 am Reply with quote
boogiecat wrote:
Grace Cornel is also in ABS-CBN 2's new anime called Les Misérables: Shōjo Cosette.. Laughing She's Cosette there! Laughing She's really in demand these days and she's great!

So that's why Toradora! is in reruns! Should try watching a few episodes. Gave up on Buzzer Beater (where Grace is Chache) since the CGI really didn't mesh well with the 2D animation.

Quote:
I hope they'll air Pokemon english dubs there on that channel..I still prefer the english dubs of Pokemon(i really like Veronica Taylor and Rachel Lillis's voice acting there which is EPIC!!!) Laughing

Yeah, as much as I like Charmaine Cordoviz, Klariz Magboo, etc., they're just trying to copy the English dub. If they did a Tagalog dub based on the original Japanese show, maybe that would be interesting. Tagalog dubs based on U.S. English dubs seem like they're missing something. I'd rather watch Power Rangers in English than Tagalog, but I'd really prefer Tagalog-dubbed Super Sentai.
cutemi2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote

Farewell tribute to our president Sad Sad Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11