• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Anime to watch?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I really want to find a good anime that i can watch and know! i am into a few Anime, i just want to extend my list!! Anime hyper Can anyone help?!?!?!
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
Well, to start with can you list some of the titles you have watched and enjoyed?

I can rattle off a list I enjoy, but it's more than likely different to what you have enjoyed.

Alternatively if you're new, Madman's Top 20 list is a good place to start: http://www.madman.com.au/top20/countdown/

Or grab Denno Coil from Siren Visual Smile
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
i have only watched 6 lol (TV)
1. Death Note
2. 1/2 Full Metal Alchemist
3. Sankarea
4. Mysterious Girlfriend X
5. 1/2 Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
6. When They Cry/Higurashi
Sad that is all that i have seen i really want to watch more
i have only watched 3 Movies ( well thats all i can think of )
1. Spirted away
2. Howls moving castle
3. Akira
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
Wow, half of those are currently airing anime, you are new.

I recomend watching some KyoAni, especially The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, it is very popular.

Cowboy Bebop, is a good place to start. But talking about sci-fi, this title also brings to thought the also current airing Bodacious Space Pirates, been a popular discussion piece.

A really good show that was done recently, and has an Australian release, is Usagi Drop, I don't think that it is for everyone, and the animation might be a bit annoying at first, but it got high praise on this site.

If you have been enjoying some horor themes in shows, I highly recomend Ghost Hunt, I consider it one of the best horrors I have seen, and really been meaning to buy it.

An because I am a fanboy, I say Fairy Tail, it is my prefered choice of long running shounen titles, I have enjoyed it so far for it's 134 episodes so far, and the first 48 have been released on in Aus over four volumes, I just need to get the fourth.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
An because I am a fanboy, I say Fairy Tail, it is my prefered choice of long running shounen titles, I have enjoyed it so far for it's 134 episodes so far, and the first 48 have been released on in Aus over four volumes, I just need to get the fourth.

yeah i am new but i was hoping that no one would point that out but its fine
i have been meaning to find out more about Fairy Tail because that is the kind of books i am into, also i don't really like horror i only watched When they cry because of an older cousin recommended it. But Ghost Hunt sounds cool.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:36 am Reply with quote
You can start with our Top 50 Best Rated list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
You can start with our Top 50 Best Rated list.

Why do I always forget that list >.>

Out of the top ten, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Spirited Away and Cowboy Bebop would be the ones I reccomend to people wanting more from anime. You've already covered some of FMA and watched Spirited Away so you're doing well!

go watch cowboy bebop, we'll wait >.>
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Smile i have got al the Cowboy beep bop anime, i have seen the first episode. it was ok, i do think it will get better. i will let you know when i have seen them all!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
My brother got Cowboy Bebop recently as well, he actually got the set for only $40 from Sanity, it was a really good deal.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
okay, so i finished watching Cowboy Bebop! i thought it was really good! at first i was not fond of it but it grew on me after Edward came in! she would be my favourite one out of all of them!! also at the same time i watched two other anime, Black Butler (season 1 & 2) and most of High School Of The Dead (also dose anyone know if it has a second season??) but over all, Cowboy Bebop was pretty awesome, so thanks for suggesting it! if you have any more suggestions i would love to know!
THANK YOU!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
*puts on shady glasses to not get identified*

If you want to follow the same path that I took? Then I went into Zero no Tsukaima as my first subbed anime, although you seem to have already started. Well Rie Kugemiya is a pretty good voice actress, and a good idea to watch something with her in it, you might also have the choice at Shakugan no Shana, Toradora!, or Hayate the Combat Butler. Now Shakugan has it's first season out here (although my opinion as expensive), Toradora will be getting a release soon by a new company. Hayate is among one of my favourite as a gag anime with a lot of references, now knowing the references might add fun, but is also good to just hear about all of the other anime so can increase your knowledge of anime, just reading the trivia worked for me, and you do get some Death Note and FMA jokes. I also collect the manga, and the anime is what I want more than any other to come out here, I remember laughing so much while I was watching it, and that is like 70 something episodes that were always something funny.

Or the wonders of romance with the first romance, with one of my very tops at Kanon (2006 version), or the more ecchi Rozario + Vampire, both have a an aussie release. The first is a wonderful intro to Kyoto Animation and Key, the other a strong member of the dark underbellie that is the harem shows.
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:11 am Reply with quote
Thanks! i will look into them, i can't say i will watch them all, ony the ones i am into. Very Happy
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
If you're looking for some decent comedy, Azumanga Daioh if you can find it.

Also High School of the Dead doesn't have a second season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
sonictail wrote:
If you're looking for some decent comedy, Azumanga Daioh if you can find it.
Yes Azumanga is quite good, I was so happy when I just happened to come across the box set somewhere, I might have even been at a Borders so it was even more expensive. It also got me started on the Yotsuba&! manga which is quite fun.
The Lost Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Gurren Laggan
Death Note
Cat Planet Cuties
Darker Than Black
Baccano!
Stein's;Gate
Welcome to the NHK!
Accel World
FLCL
Eve No Jikan
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Usagi Drop
Full Metal Panic: Fufumofu
Kanokon
Nodame Cantible
The World God Only Knows
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Infinite Stratos
Sword Art Online
Love Hina
Hack./Quantum

"People don't know what they want until you give it to them."
- Steve Jobs

I leave the rest to you :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4