• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy With Rob Bricken: Evangelion Aerocat EX

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konkonsn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Someone mentioned the Grimlock set.

I read about those a few years back and was so very disappointed that they had nothing to do with the REAL Grimlock, otherwise, part of me would have wanted them, despite my fear of those Transformer-cosplaying anime girls.

Please don't ask Anime dazed

Many Eva sets don't live up to the promise. Like, I actually thought the concept of humanized angels was awesome...and then you see the Chromosome XX series and think, "Why didn't they add the final X and call it a day?"

My poor Tabris! Anime cry Sachiel is also very pretty, but her nipples aren't covered.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Has anyone else had it with these stupid figures that force the lolita jailbait girls of Eva to cosplay in all these ridiculous, fetish-y costumes? Seriously, it's getting ridiculous. Leave it to Japan to keep oversexualizing 14-year-old girls with psychological issues.

I was most weirded out when I saw a figure of Asuka in a wedding dress. For whatever reason, that one bothered me far more than anything else I'd seen. Also, it's a little annoying that there are so many Rei and Asuka variants, but not as many for Misato.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
The Transformers DID have its own embarrassing loli fetishism gimmick not too long ago, though: if you want to keep your sanity do not click here

Oh, and part of me wonders if the cat tail parts "insert" into, um...wow, that train of thought needs to be derailed so that everyone on board suffers eternally.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
meaning it essentially covers her sphincter and nothing else.

LOL. I like how you delicately phrase these things.

And I'm going to chime in with everyone else...your column rocks!!! I really do enjoy it and am looking forward to seeing it more. Hooray!
brittiney360

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I don't post all that much obviously, but it's great to hear that this column will be weekly now. I'm so excited~. I don't get a chance to buy figures as often as I'd like, so I like that I can read reviews on something I want or might've missed.

Quote:
Oh, and part of me wonders if the cat tail parts "insert" into, um...wow, that train of thought needs to be derailed so that everyone on board suffers eternally.

Oh...wow. I never thought about that, but now that you mention it...*trauma*
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I knew this topic would turn into a debate.

...Why is it a debate? Are you people retarded? Must you blindly protect something that is either Asuka or Rei-related?

If someone dropped a turd, and drew a cute lil Rei smiley on that deuce, would you display it proudly?
e-imi wrote:
If you hate them so much, send them to me. Laughing

ryogasasaki wrote:
seriously dude, i would actually show them off proudly. Anime smile

Apparently these would...

...Cause they already have...
Nightmaresag

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Well for me, they're good..... Nothing more nothing less...
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
I knew this topic would turn into a debate.

...Why is it a debate? Are you people retarded? Must you blindly protect something that is either Asuka or Rei-related?

If someone dropped a turd, and drew a cute lil Rei smiley on that deuce, would you display it proudly?
e-imi wrote:
If you hate them so much, send them to me. Laughing

ryogasasaki wrote:
seriously dude, i would actually show them off proudly. Anime smile

Apparently these would...

...Cause they already have...

Eh... what? It's hardly been a debate. Most of the discussion so far has been good natured, if a bit creepy and disturbing at times. At least until your post, it was good natured.

EDIT: Ah, I spoke too soon. Still, I think you were being unfair to the guys you quoted.

Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moorina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I find this article quite hilarious. Why'd you waste money on such a 'bad' purchase? It's obvious this is aimed at certain parts of the population. Also, modifications/showing skin is quite common among moe hobbies, especially figures. Lastly, there's an obvious difference between figures and action figures. Still figures are meant for display, not to play with. If action figures are your thing, then buy Figmas or Revoltechs.
That last picture is also really childish, showing no respect towards all those who was involved with the end product. Really disappointing to see an article like this from such a wide-reaching anime site like this.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Moorina wrote:

That last picture is also really childish, showing no respect towards all those who was involved with the end product. Really disappointing to see an article like this from such a wide-reaching anime site like this.

Ah, I see you were born without a sense of humor.
Raja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Saw this a few weeks ago at a hobby shop that opened near me recently. Thought, "W...T...F...", then just turned and walked away. Then I saw the Queen's Blade boxed figurines (which apparently came with a little note explaining that their outerwear was meant to be removable), and boggled.

I don't get this place sometimes.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Moorina wrote:
I find this article quite hilarious. Why'd you waste money on such a 'bad' purchase? It's obvious this is aimed at certain parts of the population. Also, modifications/showing skin is quite common among moe hobbies, especially figures. Lastly, there's an obvious difference between figures and action figures. Still figures are meant for display, not to play with. If action figures are your thing, then buy Figmas or Revoltechs.

Maybe he bought them specifically for the purpose of razzing on them mercilessly, such as when people intentionally seek out a "bad" movie with the intent of mockery. I seriously doubt the reviewer had any perverse sexual desires he wanted satisfied by staring at two Eva girls dressed in embarrassing cat-like get-ups.
Moorina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Moorina wrote:

Maybe he bought them specifically for the purpose of razzing on them mercilessly, such as when people intentionally seek out a "bad" movie with the intent of mockery. I seriously doubt the reviewer had any perverse sexual desires he wanted satisfied by staring at two Eva girls dressed in embarrassing cat-like get-ups.
Well, if that's true, then he could have just used a picture. I know if I wanted to mock something I wouldn't waste my hard earned money nor time for it. He took time to point out that "GASP!" the anime industry contains things that doesn't make sense and can be somewhat sexual. He must be either REALLY rich or have too much time on his hands.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Moorina wrote:

Nah. More like oatmeal.

It's up to us to put the "flavor" into him.
Moorina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
Zac wrote:
Moorina wrote:

Nah. More like oatmeal.

It's up to us to put the "flavor" into him.
That actually doesn't make any sense to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7