• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Good Smile's Plot-Spoiler Madoka Figure Featured in Ad

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpg13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
That looks amazing!
Jackstick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
Holy mother of Madoka, that's an awesome figurine.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Goddess Madoka] isn't really that much of a spoiler. I mean, you still won't really know the meaning behind everything if you haven't watched the series.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
I watched Madoka and I completely forgot that she had this dress.
Rebmastu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
Oh my goodness gracious. I can't NOT have this. TIME TO HOUND THE PREORDERS
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote
/hits refresh on amiami's website

Man that is

one figure that you must have

for your collection.

/hits refresh on amiami's website.

You can check out

the pics at Mikatan's blog: http://gscmikatan.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/18th-scale-ultimate-madoka-painted-part-1/
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I am not a die hard fan, but that is one beautiful figure! I wonder how much that costs...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
I am not a die hard fan, but that is one beautiful figure! I wonder how much that costs...

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98665 says 14800 yen, or $186 before shipping. $200+ dollar figure easily. Buying this figure gives back to the creators more than buying the domestic BluRays would, even at full MSRP.
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98665 says 14800 yen, or $186 before shipping. $200+ dollar figure easily. Buying this figure gives back to the creators more than buying the domestic BluRays would, even at full MSRP.

I seriously doubt that price estimate. I'm guessing the retail price won't exceed 10000 yen, and most online stores won't sell them for more than 9k. It's not a GSC store exclusive, anyway.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I seriously doubt that price estimate. I'm guessing the retail price won't exceed 9000 yen, and most online stores won't sell them for more than 8k. It's not a GSC store exclusive, anyway.

There's no way they're letting that figure go for so low. You're way undervaluing it, to the point where I'd be concerned that it's too cheap for that price. Even less complex and more sought after 1/8ths go for that or more these days. If I had to make an estimate, I would have picked around 12.5-13k yen. Fits the size, sculpt, and complexity well. This is the figure that people want, and fans would pay 25k yen, no question's asked, for that figure.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I seriously doubt that price estimate. I'm guessing the retail price won't exceed 10000 yen, and most online stores won't sell them for more than 9k. It's not a GSC store exclusive, anyway.

200 dollars sounds about right to me. These more elaborate figurines can often get into that range.
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
If it is near 10000yen, I will get it. If it is higher than 12000yen, I will not.

If they release a figma version, however... >w>
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Kohii wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

200 dollars sounds about right to me. These more elaborate figurines can often get into that range.

It is a nice figure, and of course, they would want to charge a lot for it. I am not a fan of figures because most of the ones I have seen do not look much like the anime (particularly the facial expressions). But this, and all other Madoka Magica figures by Good Smile Company, look great and very faithful to the anime versions.

I am thinking in buying a Homura and a Kyoko (my two favorite characters of the series)
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow that's stunning, I would love to see a figma version of that one.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Buying this figure gives back to the creators more than buying the domestic BluRays would, even at full MSRP.

I wonder about that. I mean, I guess I don't know what merchandising contracts are like. The money I'll pay will first go to AmiAmi, to compensate them for what they paid GSC for their figures, who in turn paid I guess Aniplex for the rights to make the figures. Plus figures are always done in much smaller batches than BDs, since they want to keep the collectors happy by not flooding the market. I don't have any facts and figures to back this all up, I'm just speculating, but it seems to me that things like BDs that are produced in greater quantities, and with me buying the LEs, I paid $225 for the three sets so as much if not more than what this figure will cost, that more money would go back to the creators from the BD sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4