• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Black Lagoon GN 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkcloud9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I kind of disagree with the opinion of the dialogue being super cheesy or making no sense. The dialogue uses many double entendres that make the dialogue a code. The code would only be understood by people who belong to the mafia or that group of people in the story, but it can also be understood by the readers if looked at closely. And the way Revy talks is hilarious. This is not meant to insult, but the dialogue can make sense. And once again, it is a manga so it can be overly ridiculous and super cheesy if the story wants to.
bluegreen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
i didn't really notice any problems with the dialogue either, but perhaps its one of those things where if yo watch the show enough and then read the manga you just dont pay attention to the cheese since youre reading on auto pilot lol
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote
Well just like with the anime version the real turn off for me is killing of the twins cause no matter how satanic they were that was kinda over doing it much.To be honest,i kinda find the second season kinda disapointing so the upcoming might be a drag.

Don't bother getting this volume if you didn't liked the twins arc from the anime version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1