• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
person#2538 <-- Correct spelling
person#59809

Whoever entered the credit for Crescent Moon misspelled Matt's first name. I've added the correct accreditation, so the incorrect person page can be removed.

ALSO
person#66796
person#36752

These two are more than likely the same person. I compared a couple of my manga on the list without proper punctuation, and while he is supposed to have the punctuation for one of them, another one he is credited without the punctuation. I believe the two lists could be combined with an "also known as" comment.

I originally found Vicente while updating precisions for Crescent Moon, and someone also misspelled his name as "Vincente": person#59810. I'm wondering if someone could verify the other two titles on the list to see if it is indeed a misspelling. And finally, there's this person#45961 too. Without the addition of Jr. and the spelling "Vincente", I'm not sure if it is a fourth duplicate or not. I don't have any of the titles on his list to compare against.
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Shoujo wrote:
person#131786
person#135436

I believe these two are duplicates, but can't confirm because I don't have the Love in Hell manga. I entered Paweł Szczęszek for Dragonar Academy because that is how the name is spelled in the Seven Seas publication. The reason I think they are duplicates is because of the special characters in the name.

If confirmation is needed, I can double-check Love in Hell the next time I stop by my local bookstore.

I had the chance to check out Love in Hell, and Paweł's name is indeed spelled with the special characters.

done
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I thought we were generally supposed to avoid special characters and symbols, but can move Pawel's credit for Love in Hell over if I was mistaken or it's considered close enough.

Chibi Shoujo wrote:
I originally found Vicente while updating precisions for Crescent Moon, and someone also misspelled his name as "Vincente": person#59810. I'm wondering if someone could verify the other two titles on the list to see if it is indeed a misspelling. And finally, there's this person#45961 too. Without the addition of Jr. and the spelling "Vincente", I'm not sure if it is a fourth duplicate or not. I don't have any of the titles on his list to compare against.

1 - As the one who submitted Chibi Vampire, I checked agin, and then moved the Pre-Production Supervisor credit over to one of the two primary listings, because the first name was listed as Vicente.
2 - Checking the Crest of the Stars manga... volume 2 does indeed list the name as Vincente Rivera, Jr. (so precision should be added once the rest is sorted out.)
3 - As to the "fourth" listing, in Chibi Vampire's 11th volume, the Production Artist is credited as "Vince," which I took to be a shortened version of the existing Vincente Rivera (#45961) rather than creating a new entry. The credits for Gakuen Alice are all to Vicente Rivera Jr (Production Artist in Vol 1 and Pre-Production Supervisor in Vols. 4-6,) and will need correcting.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
From page 1
chris keck wrote:
Hisamura, Katsu person#4194
Hisamura, Kazu person#14523
Both are legitimate names.

Readings accoring to Tangorin are かつ and かづ (not かず). かづ can be romanised as Kazu using Kunrei-Shiki however.
Before doing anything, and because I have a Japanese Laputa DVD, I'm going to check those credits.

Quote:
Hiraishi, Motoko person#16675
Hiraishi, Motuko person#8046
Typo

Also not processed yet. Yes it looks like a typo, however Motsuko is apparently a potentially valid name so I want to be absolutely certain it is 平石素子 on the credits before merging. I don't have access to Nazca however, and I have limited other resources at hand.

Quote:
Haijima, Naohira person#22947
Haijima, Naohisa person#3716

This is also outstanding. I have a Shadow Skill DVD somewhere and I think it has both OVAs so this is something I can look into.

Quote:
Hanai, Masaaki person#19182
Hanai, Massaki person#16289

Also not been done yet, but I need to catch a bus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
person#7294
person#69079

Would anyone be able to verify if Hidemi Sahara and Hidemi Dunn are the same person? I was entering both Hidemi's information for "Butterflies, Flowers" and noticed that Dunn does pretty much the same tasks as Sahara, sometimes as follow-up. My assumption is that it's the same person: her maiden name being Sahara.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
This one's a bit technical. As previously discusssed here (animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=581661), Michitaka Kobayashi's alias during the 90s was Sanshiro Nitta, and it has spawned a number of different variations in and of itself. They need to be merged under "Sanshiro Nitta" instead of "Michitaka Kobayashi"

So, without further ado:

Sanshiro Nitta (aka Michitaka Kobayashi)

(person#1315) -> Correct

(person#2420)

#2423 (person#2423)

#137582 (person#137582)
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
person#8705
person#38486

With "Veronica" being a follow-up in some titles to "Ronnie", I assumed that Ronnie is Veronica's nickname. I found this website information for her: http://www.ronniecasson.com/

Since she is credited as both names in different volumes, I would say the two lists could be merged onto one.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Mao ICHIMICHI (118173) and M.A.O (123756) are the same person. Both names are correct; Japanese Wikipedia says she uses the first for live action and the second stage name for seiyu work.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
Done, however these credits:

(2009) Cookin' Idol Ai! Mai! Main! (TV) as Kirakira
(2013) DD Fist of the North Star (TV 2013) as Lin
(2013) Silver Spoon (TV) as Ikeda (ep 11)
(2014) Noragami (TV) as Ayu

should possibly be under MAO instead of her live-action name and need checked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Japanese Wikipedia does seem to note that M・A・O is used for all of her animation credits, and all of those are listed in that section, so without any ability to check them directly, I'd assume that they should be under M・A・O.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Quote:
Haijima, Naohira person#22947
Haijima, Naohisa person#3716

This is also outstanding. I have a Shadow Skill DVD somewhere and I think it has both OVAs so this is something I can look into.

Signs you really need to do something about your computer: when it takes an hour to load a few browser tabs and a DVD player.

Is is 配島尚久 (well, it looks like it but the quality is low) and Manga have translated it as Naohira. I can't see how 久 can be read as Hira so I will re-enter the credit rather than merging.

--edit--

Actually no, it's more like 蓜島尚久 isn't it? You can still read it the same way although it isn't a common name. It is probably a misspelling.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
From page 1
chris keck wrote:
Hisamura, Katsu person#4194
Hisamura, Kazu person#14523

Readings accoring to Tangorin are かつ and かづ (not かず). かづ can be romanised as Kazu using Kunrei-Shiki however.
Before doing anything, and because I have a Japanese Laputa DVD, I'm going to check those credits.

Definitely 久村佳津. I've merged.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Masayuki Onji (no Kanji) is Masayuki Onchi (音地 正行)

Can be confirmed at the source link for the Kenshin credit, here for the Urayasu credit and here for the Nanaka credit.

Bringing this up because I notice a recent news article used Onji despite there being more entries for Onchi currently in the encyclopedia. It does look like there's a lot of evidence in favor of Onji, though. Wikipedia, 作画@wiki, Nico Nico Pedia, and DrillSpin all support the Onji reading. Allcinema does, however, indicate "Onchi". Also Oricon apparently has it as "Otochi" (which does exist here as a blank entry).

What I've seen of US English credits, that I've been able to check (Nanaka 6/17, Sweet Blue Flowers, and Aria the Origination), all have his name as "Onji". Any other sources? It looks like there's enough info to merge these in favor of that spelling.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
If I knew where my DVD was, I could check Animation Runner Kuromi... but Kenshin's up on Crunchy, does it have English credits? That one is on both lists.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
If I knew where my DVD was, I could check Animation Runner Kuromi... but Kenshin's up on Crunchy, does it have English credits? That one is on both lists.

I would need to narrow down the episode, but looks like he only worked on the first, and Crunchyroll does appear to have Media Blasters' hard-translated credits. It is "Onchi" there, and probably one of the earliest entries here for him (may be what got that reading being used more).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 86 of 144