• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
I have absolutely no memory of ever making that post or ever having looked at that person before, nor have I ever entered anything for him so I can't help wondering how I cam across him (maybe the two similar names just stood out on the alphabetical list?).

There's no indication that I confirmed the reading, just that both people had the same Kanji name.

In terms of places I can check for English credits.. I have Dream Eater Merry and at least some of Elemental Gelade. I don't put all that much trust in the romanised names in either FUNi or Sentai's credits however. Now and Then, Here and There doesn't look to be on YouTube anymore, but it is on Hulu.

The only readings for 音地 in JMnedict are Onji and Otochi.

"音地正行" "おんちまさゆき" has 5 ghits (including .lain)
"音地正行" "おんじまさゆき" has 253 ghits (including jp.wiki)

It's definitely looking good for Onji.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
If I knew where my DVD was, I could check Animation Runner Kuromi... but Kenshin's up on Crunchy, does it have English credits? That one is on both lists.

Animation Runner Kuromi doesn't translate the animators' names, but the kanji showing under person#17288 looks to appear as the 3rd person in what I would guess is the key animator's section (~35:40.) Likewise for Animation Runner Kuromi 2, except the listing is 7th (~43:15-43:20.)

As previously mentioned, Ruroni Kenshin is Onchi (ep 1) and Nanaka 6/17 episode 1 shows "Onji" in the opening credits as "character design & executive director of animation" (just director of animation in closing credits.)

Aria the Animation episode 11 - the kanji string appears ~23:50 (2nd name in top credit, and the only time I caught it for that set.) Nozomi translates it as... they apparently don't (their website shows about as much as the on-disc credits.)
Cromartie High School episode 22 (because, why not?) lists the Director of Animation as "Onji" for opening & closing animations (Toru Ookubo is for the episode itself.)
Dream Eater Merry episode 8 - the kanji appears ~22:27 (2nd name) and they translate the director of animation as "Onji".
Elemental Gelade episode 23 lists "Masayuki Katou" as one of the animation directors, but neither of the names previously discussed (and Onchi's credits listed for this show are redundant.)
Maid Sama episode 8 - kanji ~22:27 (4th name) and translates the executive director of animation as "Masayuki Onzi" (same on episode 14.)
Now and Then, Here and There episode 4 - I do not see any similar name listed in translated credits; episode 23 - kanji are present as the 8th name (chapter 21 of disc 3, 4th/last in section) and again not listed in translated credits (they seem to have kept to the primary staff who don't change.)
School Rumble 2 episode 6 - lists the animation director as Takashi Ikebata (closest I see to the names we are looking for is a Yasuyuki Noda as animation assistant director and opening animation.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
You definitely have my vote for merge under Onji then Brandon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Katsushi Sakurabi and Katsushi Sakurami are the same person, and Japanese Wikipedia says "Sakurabi" is the correct reading of his family name.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:

Aria the Animation episode 11 - the kanji string appears ~23:50 (2nd name in top credit, and the only time I caught it for that set.) Nozomi translates it as... they apparently don't (their website shows about as much as the on-disc credits.)

This is one I checked, though I wasn't expecting much as I remembered Nozomi didn't have very thorough credits, particularly for episodic positions (and this was in spite of having the credits screen after every episode...). In Origination, he got in since he had a series-wide role.

Quote:
School Rumble 2 episode 6 - lists the animation director as Takashi Ikebata (closest I see to the names we are looking for is a Yasuyuki Noda as animation assistant director and opening animation.)

That was one I had checked too, though I think FUNi screwed up. It doesn't look like Ikehata has ever had a "sakuga kantoku" type role, so I think they accidentally listed him again for a task he didn't do.

Thanks for the help in checking out other titles. I've gone ahead and done the merger.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Katsushi Sakurabi and Katsushi Sakurami are the same person, and Japanese Wikipedia says "Sakurabi" is the correct reading of his family name.

Checking Sakurami's credits, where readily accessible:

桜美勝志
Mobile Suit SD Gundam: SD Gundam Legend (OAV)
Giant Robo (OAV)
Super Atragon (OAV)
Shakugan no Shana (movie)

桜美かつし
IDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA (TV)
Sweet Blue Flowers (TV)
A Certain Scientific Railgun (TV)
Heaven's Memo Pad (TV)
A Certain Magical Index: The Miracle of Endymion (movie)

Assuming Wikipedia (and other sites) are correct about the reading and both spelling being the same person, looks good to merge so I will.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Done, however these credits:

(2009) Cookin' Idol Ai! Mai! Main! (TV) as Kirakira
(2013) DD Fist of the North Star (TV 2013) as Lin
(2013) Silver Spoon (TV) as Ikeda (ep 11)
(2014) Noragami (TV) as Ayu

should possibly be under MAO instead of her live-action name and need checked.

I've fixed some of these except Silver Spoon, which I can't delete.

I've found another duplicate person:
Hikari AKIYAMA (25951) should be merged as an alias of Runa AKIYAMA (9161)
あきやまるな
UseY0ur1llusi0n

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Official website made Kogami > Ogami easy: person#9864

Quote:

Merged, but her roles need checked to see what belongs where. She's listed under both names for City Hunter, and if she was working as Hikari pre-1987 then those pre-1987 roles on Runa might need to be under Hikari.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mrsatan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

octopodpie wrote:
Merged, but her roles need checked to see what belongs where. She's listed under both names for City Hunter, and if she was working as Hikari pre-1987 then those pre-1987 roles on Runa might need to be under Hikari.

Yes, you're probably right. Not sure how to do that though without actually watching the end credits to all those shows. Oh, and Teruko AKIYAMA (58062) is also her, it turns out.

Another duplicate person I found: 手使海ユトロ
Utollo TESHIKAI (63712)
Kan OGASAWARA (14020)
Hiroshi OGASAWARA (10112)
All these names cover the same person. I wish I knew if 寛 was really read Kan or Hiroshi. Japanese Wikipedia says Kan (unsourced), but I can find other sites that say Hiroshi.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Hideyo AMAMOTO (61172) and Eisei AMAMOTO (23070)

Apparently both readings are considered correct, but Hideyo is the more proper one.
天本英世
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty open-and-shut so done.
(according to JMnedict, Eisei is a female name)
rokon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
Shouko FUJIBAYASHI (30438) and Seiko FUJIBAYASHI (46794)

Shouko is the correct reading as indicated by both her Wikipedia page and official homepage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
octopodpie wrote:
Done, however these credits:

(2009) Cookin' Idol Ai! Mai! Main! (TV) as Kirakira
(2013) DD Fist of the North Star (TV 2013) as Lin
(2013) Silver Spoon (TV) as Ikeda (ep 11)
(2014) Noragami (TV) as Ayu

should possibly be under MAO instead of her live-action name and need checked.

I've fixed some of these except Silver Spoon, which I can't delete.

I've found another duplicate person:
あきやまるな

Merged, but again this is a double credit so Wanpaku Omukashi Kumu Kumu would need to be checked since she's listed as both Teruko and Runa on the same page. Teruko is her birth name but I don't see any evidence that she ever worked under it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:45 pm Reply with quote
More than one person has the name 清水勝祐: Katsuhiro Shimizu, Shosuke Shimizu, Katsuyuki Shimizu, Masahiro Shimizu
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 87 of 144