• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuuan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
person#145146: Yasue IGAWA (井川 典恵)
person#137367: Norie IGAWA (井川 典恵)

The good name is Norie Igawa.
Sometimes spelled 井川典江 (in Matoi the Sacred Slayer)
Arachnée

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:23 am Reply with quote
person#138890
person#14416

Naoto Yokose is the right spelling.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
The animator
person#9073: Kumiko ITO (II) (伊藤 久美子) is the maiden name of
person#32163: Kumiko HABARA (羽原久美子) (married to Nobuyoshi HABARA)
Source
I think the photography credits listed in Kumiko ITO (II) may be for a third Kumiko Ito.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Tomoyuki SHIMOTANI and Tomoyuki Shitani are the same person.

Tomoyuki Shitani seems to be the correct spelling.
Yuuan00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
person#33107: Takeharu URATA (浦田 武治)
person#18857: Takeji URATA (浦田 武治)

Same person, in-betweener at DAUME. The right spelling is Takeharu Urata.
mbanu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:34 pm Reply with quote
person#10455
person#53540

Bruce Faulconer is the correct spelling: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0269023/
soaker87

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
person#110212 (Fumi Tsubota)
person#101283 (Aya Tsubota)
Fumi is the correct one.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I. Carolyn Keranen (person#8519) (real name) and Elizabeth Thomas (person#126972) (alias)
This past fall, Carrie dropped in on some Magi cosplayers with Erica Mendez. As shown in photos provided by a tweet from the latter, Carrie had a picture taken with a Yamraiha (while Erica was with some Aladdins)

II. Laura Bailey (person#1389) (real name) and Elle Deets (person#75976) (alias)
Bailey liked a tweet that identified her as Princess Odette, the eponymous princess of the Swan Princess franchise in two DTV movies: The Swan Princess Christmas and The Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale. In both of these movies' ending credits the role is directly credited to "Elle Deets".

III. Christopher Jacot (person#123789) (full name) and Chris Jacot (person#51572) (variant)
Despite calling himself “Chris Jacot” on his Twitter, the majority of his credits are to “Christopher”. Additionally, the “Chris Jacot” from Starship Operators can be verified as being the same person (despite being based in Toronto) because one of his better known voiceover roles (albeit not anime) was as Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) in 2006’s Fantastic Four: World’s Greatest Heroes cartoon [amongst many Vancouver regulars].

IV. Kim Wishart Goddard (person#5719) (full name), Kim W. Goddard (person#25384) (variant) and Kim Goddard (person#16930) (variant)
In addition to the regular role of subtitle scripting, Goddard has been involved with the Vancouver voiceover talent pool in non-anime projects such as this.

V. Keith A. Goddard (person#4958) (most complete name), Keith Goddard (person#8745) (no MI variant) and Keith A Goddard (person#16928) (no-dot variant)
Like Kim, Keith has a consistent role of being a mixing engineer.

VI. Robert O’Gorman (person#3883) (real name) and Robert Gorman (person#4416) (variant)
“Robert Gorman” appears in the credits for One Piece: Grand Battle, a game where both Chef Zeff and Patty appear. O’Gorman is confirmed for both roles in the anime, as per the “Animation Demo” on his website, and reprises them here accordingly.

VII. Gia DeLaney (person#38959) (correct capitalization of ‘L’) and Gia Delaney (person#38798) (incorrect capitalization of ‘L’)
As demonstrated by her Linkedin, it’s “DeLaney”.

VIII. Matthew Drdek (person#117641) (correct spelling) and Matthew Ordek (person#38949) (incorrect spelling)
His LinkedIn

IX. Kristen McGuire (person#127814) (correct spelling) and Kirsten McGuire (person#144890) (incorrect spelling)
Verifiable via social media (i.e. Kris Comics)

X. Brett Coleman (person#96087) (correct spelling) and Bretto Coleman (person#39446) (incorrect spelling)
As demonstrated by this site, Brett’s name uses the ‘ト‘ symbol when converted into katakana. “Bretto” is merely the error of misinterpreting that symbol as ‘to’ rather than a hard ‘t’.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 am Reply with quote
4kidsidentifier wrote:

VII. Gia DeLaney (person#38959) (correct capitalization of ‘L’) and Gia Delaney (person#38798) (incorrect capitalization of ‘L’)
As demonstrated by her Linkedin, it’s “DeLaney”.

person#38959 is actually more incorrect, as it's "Gla DeLaney" (with the second letter being a lowercase "l"). It's not possible to create a new person that differs only in capitalization, and I can't change the capitalization for a person either (but I will ask the staff that can).
Arachnée

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote
Benoit DUPAC & Benoit Du PAC
person#38771
person#60973

Benoît DUPAC is the right spelling : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benoît_DuPac
mrsatan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Yuri NASHIWA [7027] and Yukiko NASHIWA [15601]
Yuri NASHIWA is the current name.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/梨羽侑里
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Arachnée wrote:
Benoît DUPAC is the right spelling : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benoît_DuPac

The official website of the agency he belongs to disagrees on this.
mrsatan wrote:
Yuri NASHIWA [7027] and Yukiko NASHIWA [15601]
Yuri NASHIWA is the current name.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/梨羽侑里

Has she ever actually been credited as "Yuri Nashiwa" for her anime voice work? This source gets me leaning towards thinking "no", in which case this one is going to take some time to get completely accurate.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:

Has she ever actually been credited as "Yuri Nashiwa" for her anime voice work?

I'm afraid I don't know. Sad

Another duplicate:
Kotoe TAICHI [64873] is the current name of
Saiko EGAWA [41602]
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/太地琴恵
also used the name Noriko EGAWA in early work like Mazinger Z (TV)
It's possible Saiko (菜子) should have been read as Noriko in the first place.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I. Carol-Anne Day (person#7154) (correct spelling) and Carol Anne-Day (person#135641) (variation)
CAD has worked with Lucas Gilbertson on web cartoons in a group called HermitSherpa. Here’s her bio page on that group’s website, which makes it clear where the hyphen goes in her name.

II. Meredith Taylor-Parry (person#7157) (correct spelling) and Meredith Taylor-Perry (person#23750) (incorrect spelling)
As demonstrated by the screenshot provided in the error report of fellow user DerekTheRed, “Taylor-Perry” never really existed.

III. Meredith Zeitlin (person#64886) (real name/correct spelling), Meredith Zeitin (person#64885) (incorrect spelling), Merideth Zeitlin (person#74742) (incorrect spelling), Zoe Martin (person#37229) (alias) and Zoey Martin (person#72766) (alias/variation)
Her [url= http://www.mzspeaks.com/]official website[/url] clearly writes her name out as “Meredith Zeitlin”.
Moving onto her alias, Zeitlin’s animation demo from the same site includes Dinosaur King (1:01, 1:25) and Ninja Nonsense (1:14). The former series lists “Zoey Martin” (for the key recurring role of Rod (Roto) [from the 1:25 clip]) in its ending credits (0:40) and the latter’s ending credits (23:09) state that “Zoe Martin” is the voice of Kaede Shiranui.

IV. David Wills (person#30358) (real/main name), Dave Willis (person#48986) (variation) and Dave Wills (person#73314) (variation)
“Dave Wills” was how David was credited in Ninja Nonsense’s ending credits for his role of Sasuke (see link in section III above), and “Dave Willis” (not to be confused with the [adult swim] producer of the same name) was how he was listed in the credits of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX for his major recurring role of Chancellor Sheppard.

V. Danielle Judovits (correct spelling) (person#53581) and Danielle Judovitz (person#52809) (variation)
Due to the hard ‘s’ sound at the end of her last name, “Judovitz” is commonly seen in ending credits, even in as recent as 2016’s Fire Emblem: Fates and Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness.

VI. Eddie Frierson (person#3089) (real name) and Ted Richards (person#12841) (alias)
Some years ago, Eddie was interviewed by fansite Street Fighter Devotion about being Ken Masters in The Animated Movie, and it’s clear from the content that that association made to him was correct.

VII. Christine Marie Cabanos (person#95337) (correct spelling) and Cristine Marie Cabanos (person#107103) (incorrect spelling)
Christine’s involvement in Redline is secure, this tweet by her in particular going into greater detail as to who exactly she voiced in that film.

VIII. Michele Knotz (person#20943) (correct spelling) and Michelle Knotz (person#56137) (incorrect spelling)
Much like her Pokémon predecessor Rachael (Rachel) Lillis, Michele’s (Michelle) name was misspelled during her first season on board.

IX. Christopher Collet (person#34659) (full name) and Chris Collet (person#30464) (shortened variant)
Chris changes between “Chris” and “Christopher” for his voice direction credits, like the One Piece anime (Chris) and games (Christopher), or interchangeably within just the Sonic games.

X. Oliver Wyman (person#13361) (real name) and Zigfried von Schroeder (person#49015) (character name)
Zigfried is the name of the major character Wyman voices in Yu-Gi-Oh!’s Grand Championship arc (credited by his usual Pete Zarustica alias). This is aided by the fact that #49014 was the original entry for VA Allyson Johnson, who made her anime debut in this arc as Vivian Wong.

XI. Carolyn Keranen (person#8519) (real name) and Mokuba Kaiba's new VA (person#49016) (yeah…)
As I discussed two pages ago, Keranen was Mokuba’s second VA (by route of Caroline Lawson). This is aided (chronologically speaking) by #49014 and #49015 (other new entrants for the Grand Championship arc).

XII. Susanne Blakeslee (person#105194) (full/main name) and Susan Blakeslee (person#45012) (shortened variant)
In both anime and western productions in the long run, “Susanne” has come up more often than “Susan” (ex. Miyazaki films vs. Vampire Princess Miyu, God of War vs. God of War III, etc.).
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
4kidsidentifier wrote:
IV. David Wills (person#30358) (real/main name), Dave Willis (person#48986) (variation) and Dave Wills (person#73314) (variation)
“Dave Wills” was how David was credited in Ninja Nonsense’s ending credits for his role of Sasuke (see link in section III above), and “Dave Willis” (not to be confused with the [adult swim] producer of the same name) was how he was listed in the credits of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX for his major recurring role of Chancellor Sheppard.

I'm a bit unsure on what to do with this. I assume Dave Willis the Adult Swim person has never been credited in an anime for anything? Still, it's possible that it could happen at some point, and it's such a common-sounding enough name that it's within the realm of possibility there may even end up being someone else to be credited in anime with that name. Also there's the news link, which sounds like it may be the Adult Swim person and not the voice actor Wills (though I'm not entirely sure: someone more familiar with Anime Expo that year may be able to say). For those reasons, I'm reluctant to just purge the credits unrelated to the voice actor Wills and merge Willis to Wills. I could split the "Dave Willis" entry and merge one part to Wills, but for now (without any anime credits to the other Willis) I'll just leave it as is. Neither Ninja Nonsense nor Jungle Emperor Leo actually had him credited as "Willis" (it was "David Wills" in the latter case), so I just went ahead and reassigned those remaining roles to the correct credit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 98 of 144