• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horseradish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Zwiebelring

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:27 am Reply with quote
Yuri Takase (person#29826) appears to be a misreading of Akimitsu Takase (person#1660).
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I. Alex Bergen (person#126262) (real name) and Alex Day (person#11771) (alias)
Alex has noted this in multiple places, such as on his Twitter banner where he includes Karl Yamaji [Day] with Tetsuya Kurodake and Misuru Hachuka [Bergen]. He also dropped in on his Behind the Voice Actors profile to openly admit that he is Alex Day.

II. Kevin Kliesch (person#7946) (correct spelling) and Kevin Kleisch (person#12265) (misspelling)
Kliesch is correct, as per his official website, which notes his involvement in Pokemon: The First Movie (under “Orchestration”). The ending credits (0:31) for Mewtwo Returns that are made in reference for the reuse of his previous work on the aforementioned movie merely misspelled his last name.

III. Matthew Drdek (person#117641) (correct spelling) and Matthew Drdel (person#30461) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in One Piece’s ending credits (0:02, 0:33, 1:04). A transcript of Pyramid of Light’s credits also indicates the ‘Drdek’ spelling.

IV. Dani Zimmer (person#159083) (correct spelling) and Dan Zimmer (person#30462) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in One Piece’s ending credits (1:04).

V. Chris Guido (person#12008) (correct spelling) and Chris Guldo (person#30466) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in One Piece’s ending credits (0:04, 0:34, 1:06, 7:20) as well as those (0:23) of Magical DoReMi.

VI. Megan Bezdek (person#128055) (correct spelling) and Megan Bezdel (person#30467) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in One Piece’s ending credits (0:05, 0:35, 1:07, 7:20).

VII. Abel Bautista (person#17014) (correct spelling), Abel Baulista (person#30471) (incorrect spelling) and Abelk Bautista (person#48988) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in One Piece’s ending credits (0:13, 0:41, 1:14, 7:26) and his LinkedIn

VIII. Catherine Paterra (person#161944) (full name), Cathy Paterra (person#153785) (main handle/variant) and Catherine Pallera (person#30465) (incorrect spelling)
As seen in One Piece’s ending credits (0:04, 0:34, 1:05, 7:18).
Cathy’s LinkedIn, meanwhile, indicates her being a supervising producer for 4Kids from 2003 to 2009. Catherine’s credit for One Piece fits these parameters, as she moved on to Dinosaur King when the former wrapped up.

IX. David J. Etzold (person#38956) (main name), David Etzold (person#12039) (variant) and Dave Etzold (person#128271) (variant)
A New York Times article about David Etzold includes his full name of David John Etzold. Similarly, Season 6 of 4Kids’ Ninja Turtles series (aka Fast Forward) saw Etzold’s Assistant Editor change from “David Etzold” to “David J. Etzold” and then back to “David Etzold” again for Back to the Sewers.
As for Dave, it's the variant used for the Yu-Gi-Oh! movies, including Pyramid of Light (previously entered under David).

X. Kerry Williams (person#12000) (correct spelling) and Kerri Williams (person#7491) (variant)
An alternate spelling, as seen in One Piece: Grand Battle’s ending credits (18:07), where she reprises Nami.

XI. Anthony Salerno (person#4295) (main name) and Tony Solerno (person#55172) (misspelling)
A misspelling of his last name, a similar instance being Bonds Beyond Time’s ending credits (2:12), where he was erroneously listed directly after Rebecca Soler in cast credits written in alphabetical order… and had his name written as Anthony Solerno as a result.

XII. Rebecca Soler (person#42099) (correct spelling), Rebbeca Soler (person#65469) (misspelling) and Rebbeca Solar (person#65470) (misspelling)
Fairly straightforward misspellings, especially given that the 2 were entered right after another.

XIII. Karen Neill (person#38529) (correct spelling) and Karen Nell (person#47274) (misspelling)
While Nell was indeed used for Ah! My Goddeess (the show credits and CrystalAcids both use this), the name was corrected by Flights of Fancy, as seen here. (22:44)

XIV. Emily Bauer (person#33136) (real name) and Emily Blau (person#50639) (alias)
At her Q&A panel at Magic City Comic Con 2016, a fan addresses Bauer’s role of Megumi Morisato from Ah! My Goddess, which she reciprocates. (4:08-4:19)

XV. Alon Namdar (person#12043) (correct name), Alon Mandar (person#39599) (misspelling) and Alex Namdar (person#127806) (misspelling)
“Mandar” is a misspelling of Namdar originating from his role in Destiny Deoxys (as the misspelled Manny [Corralo] Corallo I tackled in my last post was #39601), and “Alex” is a misspelling of Alon from Eevee and Friends, as seen here. (2:33)

XVI. Maya Nakamura (person#27718) (correct spelling) and Maya Namamura (person#127790) (misspelling)
Misspelling of her last name, as seen here. (0:21)

XVII. Kristina Naudus (person#57216) (correct spelling) and Kristina Naudas (person#128069) (misspelling)
Misspelling of her last name, as seen in ending credits. (0:35)

XVIII. Freddy Sheinfeld (person#27240) (main spelling) and Freddie Sheinfeld (person#48993) (variant)
“Freddy” is correct, as per his official website (under “Credits”, which includes reference to his working on GX specifically).

XIX. Matt Veligdan (person#73569) (main name/handle) and Matthew Veligdan (person#153897) (full name)
While this music editor does not note GX itself on his official website, his 5D’s credit on ANN [from Liz Lysinger?] (also for music editing) at least bridges a gap between two subsequent seasons with the same exact role. He is not unlike Matt Mitler, his full first name being used once in his very first outing by chance and then his mainly addressed name (albeit shorter) thereon.

XX. David Zen Mansley (person#64572) (main name) and Zen Mansley (person#60170) (variant)
Zen is David’s nickname. This is evident from his credit for Speed Racer: The Next Generation, which puts it in quotes, as viewable from clicking the check mark here.

Last edited by 4kidsidentifier on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrsatan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Please merge:

Correct Name: Takeshi Shirato (5559)
Incorrect name: Takeshi Shirado (9698)

correct kanji: 白土 武
(although there are occasional works where he writes it in hiragana)

http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_p.php?num_p=133712
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/白土武

Thanks!
Yuuan00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Yuuan_ wrote:
person#145146: Yasue IGAWA (井川 典恵)
person#137367: Norie IGAWA (井川 典恵)

The good name is Norie Igawa.
Sometimes spelled 井川典江 (in Matoi the Sacred Slayer)

To confirm, Newtype translated her name "Norie Igawa" on this illustration:
Newtype illustration
mbanu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:36 am Reply with quote
Rico SASAKI (146961) and Rico (singer) (131282) appear to be the same person.

I wasn't certain at first, despite sharing the same birthdate, as they have different discographies, however both official websites (Rico / IMPERIAL RECORDS and SasakiRico.com) point to the same personal blog.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
Jennie Kwan (real name) (person#64400), Minx Lee (person#61754) (alias) and Trinity Lee (person#120866) (alias).

Jennie Kwan's website under her About Bio section dedicated to voice over listed several intriguing information regarding the projects she was involved in voice work:
Quote:
"Jennie can be heard in a wide range of voice-acting projects including Eureka 7, BlazBlue, Rozen Maiden,Twinkle Toes, When They Cry, Accel World and many many more."

While it didn't mentioned/listed her role as Aqua Current from Accel World, it is very likely that Trinity Lee is Jennie Kwan since the end credits do not match the other actor's roles and the characters they are playing and the only one that is connected to Trinity Lee and Aqua Current is her.

In addition, on her page from the Behind the Voice Actors website, the green checkmarks on her roles represent a confirmed credit this is largely shown with her character Nori Sakurada in the Rozen Maiden Series and her characters in Twinkle Toes Lights Up New York all under her alias.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:52 pm Reply with quote
As far as "Minx Lee" goes, does anyone know how her name is spelled in Geneon's credits for Fate/stay night and When They Cry? I have a feeling she's actually credited as "Minx Le" (one "e") more often. At least in the case of Rozen Maiden, she was "Lee" for first volume but "Le" in all subsequent volumes.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I have F/sn somewhere, but not sure where. Higurashi, on the other hand, I do know where is, and it's Minx Le.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:06 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't appear "Minx Le" was ever entered in the Encyclopedia, but I'm guessing the assumption must have stuck that "Le" (possibly after the Vietnamese surname) was a spelling error and not the other way around. Given the continued usage of "Le" (as recently as the non-anime role from 2016 listed), I'm going to merge that one as the correct spelling.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
As far as "Minx Lee" goes, does anyone know how her name is spelled in Geneon's credits for Fate/stay night and When They Cry? I have a feeling she's actually credited as "Minx Le" (one "e") more often. At least in the case of Rozen Maiden, she was "Lee" for first volume but "Le" in all subsequent volumes.

Technically, "Minx Lee" was for the 1st Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre while "Minx Le" was used for Rozen Maiden: Träumend

EmperorBrandon wrote:
It doesn't appear "Minx Le" was ever entered in the Encyclopedia, but I'm guessing the assumption must have stuck that "Le" (possibly after the Vietnamese surname) was a spelling error and not the other way around. Given the continued usage of "Le" (as recently as the non-anime role from 2016 listed), I'm going to merge that one as the correct spelling.

Can we just put in the titles where she was credited as Minx Le, and other ones where she was credited as Minx Lee, I mean I doubt that the latter name is a spelling error since the name was used in these titles (e.g. Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:09 am Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
Technically, "Minx Lee" was for the 1st Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre while "Minx Le" was used for Rozen Maiden: Träumend

As I said earlier, only on the first volume of the first season. The later two volumes of the first season, she's definitely "Minx Le". Ouvertüre's credits are kind of odd for a non-union dub. The inconsistencies there give me the impression Sentai just used online sources to determine which names to list.
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:04 am Reply with quote
I. Lori Bachynski (person#163922) (current name) and Lori-Barnes Smith (person#55001) (former name)
As seen on her Facebook bio (in reference to her Twitter), Bachynski is “Also known as Lori Barnes-Smith.”

II. Chris Niosi (person#90212) (real name) and Tony A. Campbell (person#124360) (alias)
Tony A. Campbell is a reference to Niosi’s TOME animation series, where the character Zetto is initially revealed (23:04) to be voiced by Tony A. Campbell, only for the name to change to Niosi in later installments (23:07) following the episode’s plot twist regarding a certain Kirbopher. What’s more, Kirbopher’s dropped hints in some places completely outside of TOME’s context.

III. Jessica Gee-George (person#158748) (married name), Jessica Gee George (person#47579) (married name; variant) and Jessica Gee (person#7988) (non-married name)
Between promoting herself and Grant George as the “Dynamic Duo” and her extensive credit list (Haré+Guu included), this one’s straightforward. Gee-George even appears to be her primary handle going forward (if her IMDb autobiography is any indication).

IV. Jessica Straus (person#26803) (real name) and Jasmine Dias (person#60281) (alias)
Straus has liked tweets pertaining to Paradise Kiss and her being Mikako Kouda, affirming the connection. To review, her being Jasmine Dias specifically is due to the series’ dub cast credits listing Dias in a similar, hierarchical order as the Japanese cast, shortly after the main five (Julie Ann Taylor, Patrick Seitz, Jolie Jackson, Derek Stephen Prince and Jane Alan) in the first 8 episodes whilst bordering Johnny Yong Bosch (major secondary) and being listed above him (and immediately after the main 5) in eps 5-8.

V. Mari Robson (person#81384) (correct spelling) and Mari Robinson (person#57900) (misspelling)
As seen in MAR’s ending credits (0:15)

VI. Tomm Hulett (person#161844) (correct spelling) and Tomm Humlett (person#57903) (misspelling)
As seen in MAR’s ending credits (0:18)

VII. Tifanie Christun (person#7809) (correct spelling) Tifanie Christian (person#1140) (misspelling) and Tiffanie Chrieton (person#17342) (erroneous spelling)
“Christian” comes from Flint: The Time Detective, as Greg Berg is #1138 and Brian Donovan is #1141. Its ending credits (0:05), however, wrote “Christun”. “Chrieton” comes from an old website listing of the credited voice cast. Again, ending credits (0:12) have “Christun”.

VIII. Tom Fahn (person#4825) (correct spelling) and Tom Fane (person#17340) (erroneous spelling)
“Fane” comes from an old website listing of the credited voice cast. Ending credits (0:12) have “Fahn”.

IX. Kirk Thornton (person#3032) (correct spelling) and Mira Thomson (person#17341) (erroneous spelling)
“Mira” comes from an old website listing of the credited voice cast. Ending credits (0:16) have “Kirk Thornton”.

X. Doug Erholtz (person#4141) (correct spelling) and Doug Erhoityz (person#17347) (erroneous spelling)
“Erhoityz” comes from an old website listing of the credited voice cast. Ending credits (0:12) have “Erholtz”.

XI. Jay Bolton (person#158663) (correct spelling) and Jim Bolton (person#55657) (incorrect spelling)
Digimon’s ending credits (0:28) wrote “Jay”, not “Jim”.

XII. Chris Ayres (person#22157) (correct spelling) and Chis Ayres (person#87409) (misspelling)
“Chis” is a mistype of his name that arose when his roles for Halo Legends were added here, based on surrounding entries. I have verified that all 4 characters Ayres is credited for all have his first name spelled “Chris” in the ending credits.

XIII. Johnathon Vought (person#11693) (correct spelling) and Johnathon Voight (person#163884) (misspelling)
Vought’s LinkedIn includes his time at FUNimation on DBZ, including his logo animation duties (“I created their animated logos and also the 3d title animation for the show”). Additionally, he was involved in editing (“We meticulously edited frame by frame to fix animation that might be too much for an American audience”). He was employed from 1996-1998, which corresponds to him being credited for both roles during the initial Saban dub (0:18), his logo animation credit carrying on through the (0:12) remainder (0:22) of the series after he left.

XIV. Haim Saban (person#7232) (real name), Kossa Mahchi (person#36922) (variation of alias) and Kussa Malehi (person#10453) (variation of alias)
While Kussa Mahchi appears in the ending credits of many Saban programs, “Kossa” is what appears for Dragon Ball Z (0:13). This is made further complicated by the Dragon Ball Z Original USA Television Soundtrack release, which states “Music by Shuki Levy & Kussa Mahehi” on its cover. Despite the misspelling, the “Malehi” name is clearly based on this release.

XV. Shuki Levy (person#7233) (correct spelling) and Shuki Levi (person#36924) (misspelling)
“Levi” was added based on Shuki’s involvement with Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2001), as demonstrated by Ryan Yeardon (#36926). The show’s ending credits (0:18), however, clearly demonstrate that this was not the case.

XVI. Amanda Schuckman (person#158125) (correct spelling) and Amanda Shuckman (person#75522) (misspelling)
“Schuckman” is correct, as per official profiles (Kurokami included on the former).

XVII. Vinnie Penna (person#3884) (real name) and Wayne Grayson (person#9352) (alias)
Grayson’s portrait on the website for the upcoming illustrated audio drama Crossing the G.O.D.S is from the same image as Penna’s on his Voices.com profile (self-made)

Last edited by 4kidsidentifier on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
mrsatan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
MERGE:
Current Name: Yūsaku YARA [1005]

Old name: Tetsu KUROBE [68288]

Reference
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/屋良有作
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Yoshiyuki Kouno:
person#11037

Yoshiyuki Yukino:
person#17632

Kouno is a correct one
https://www.aoni.co.jp/search/kono-yoshiyuki.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 102 of 143