• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hellsing's Hirano Plans to Launch New Manga in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the tenth volume of Hellsing doesn't come out until March 27th? I have to wonder how long it takes for Shonen Gahousha to publish their manga volumes when they have all the chapters ready for a single volume.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Wow, the tenth volume of Hellsing doesn't come out until March 27th? I have to wonder how long it takes for Shonen Gahousha to publish their manga volumes when they have all the chapters ready for a single volume.

So I take it that means that Dark Horse will probably release hellsing volume 10 some time within the next 12 to 18 months?
edzieba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
If the wait for Volume 9 is anything to go by, don't expect an English release for Volume 10 any earlier than mid 2010.

I wonder if Ikaryaku will ever get an English release? Or Hellsing: The Dawn.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow wtf. Why does it take so long? I hope it's late 2009 at the latest. I have a feeling that this fantasy story is going to be like Berserk in nature, which is good.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
ANN article wrote:
Hirano ended his most famous work, Hellsing, in the same magazine last September after 11 years.

11 years for 10 volumes. That's quite a stretch. I sure hope that Hirano had fun making the series. It ended in September, which means that on average it takes six months for a volume to be released when the chapters that can fit into it have been released. And that's usually one year per volume. Shonen Gahosha likes to do things kind of easy paced.

Jarmel wrote:
I have a feeling that this fantasy story is going to be like Berserk in nature, which is good.

Why would that be good? Are you referring to the Eclipse? And the way they botched the anime ending?
Jarmel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote
Um no not the anime version, I meant the manga in which there is alot of gore, violence, and sex.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1