• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kansas City's new anime con: Motaku

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote
It has come to my attention that there has been a new con announced in the KC area. It's a it's called Motaku and it will have it's first run this October. I was wondering if there is anyone ells going to this new event and what other locals are thinking about it.

Personally I'm really looking forward to it. I think the more cons in the area the better. It will hopefully lead to a better "otaku" community for the mid west. Not to mention this con looks like their trying to present itself professionally right away. I think this could become a very good con for the fall season. The only thing I can see that might hold it back is the fact that it runs so close to Nebraskon. I'd imagine that if given the option people would prefer to spend their money on a bigger con like Nebraskon.

If you want more info on this con just go to http://motaku.org/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dst1980

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
For those who are interested, we are getting ready for Motaku #4, which will be August 17-19 at the Holiday Inn CoCo Key in Kansas City, MO across I-70 from Kauffman and Arrowhead stadiums.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1