• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Disgaea 3, Legasista, Mugen Souls Trailers Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:12 am Reply with quote
>The game features voice actresses Yukari Tamura as Shushu

As if I wasn't already sold on Mugen Souls enough, this clinches it. I must get this game.
Dan297na

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:39 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
As if I wasn't already sold on Mugen Souls enough, this clinches it. I must get this game.

I would too, if NISA didn't already decide to censor the game.
testyal1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
Nisa, you'd better bring Mugen Souls to Europe. I'm anticipating this greatly, especially since I just got Disgaea 4 and am addicted to it.

I do talk about things being released in Europe a lot.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

As much as I hate censorship, there was no way this game would have been able to release over here if they let you scrub down naked girls who look like 8 years old. I'd rather take censorship then no game at all.
burnpsy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

As Ryan just implied, would you prefer it be rated AO and not be sold in stores, thereby never coming at all?
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

As much as I hate censorship, there was no way this game would have been able to release over here if they let you scrub down naked girls who look like 8 years old. I'd rather take censorship then no game at all.

I wonder what they're going to do about that part of the game since scrubbing the girls down helps their stats or something like that. Maybe NISA will keep it in and just alter the art by giving them large breasts. haha.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I wonder what they're going to do about that part of the game since scrubbing the girls down helps their stats or something like that. Maybe NISA will keep it in and just alter the art by giving them large breasts. haha.

You're right, it is a vital part that can't just be removed without impacting the rest of the game... but maybe they'll work with Compile Heart to make some other minigame that serves the same purpose? Thats my hope at least.
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Perhaps you could enjoy chopping off their breasts instead?
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
So Mugen souls looks like the sort of game that takes RPG Battles and ridicules them by means of maxing out the damage counter both easy to do and suggested, given that you can do it at least thrise.

Does it fall into the traps the other IF CH games have fallen to (Namely, loli nonsese, being base in it's writing, etc)?
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
superdry wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

You're right, it is a vital part that can't just be removed without impacting the rest of the game... but maybe they'll work with Compile Heart to make some other minigame that serves the same purpose? Thats my hope at least.

Quite possible. Either edit or change the mini-game. NISA had to known before deciding to license the game and were in talks with CH about making appropriate changes.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The third game of the series follows Mao, an underachieving student, as he attempts to become an Overlord, a position he must earn by becoming a hero.

I think I may need to clarify: Mao isn't an underachiver: he's an OVER-achievier and the top honor student of his school. In the Netherworld-where the game takes place--,students are SUPPOSED to do things like not do homework, skip class, and bully others. Mao has literally never done a single ounce of work in school--he's never actually BEEN to his school.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

They'd just skip the pictures but keep the stats increase.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
superdry wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Dan297na wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

They'd just skip the pictures but keep the stats increase.

The amount of stat increases is based on your success in the minigame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1