• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete HD Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
i thought this would just be a repackaging of the old one, i didn't expect there to be that much new stuff.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Squaresoft has been doing this since their first (jump to) Sony release: Tobal No 1.The demo of Final Fantasy 7 is the reason anyone even looked in Tobal's direction.

P.S. I would love to see it too but,you won't see a remake of 7.Too many people had their hands in creating it. Spin offs are all you are going to get.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I'd get this in a heartbeat if it included a 360 demo. =\ Stupid Sony, stupid Blu-Ray. u.u
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
I'd get this in a heartbeat if it included a 360 demo. =\ Stupid Sony, stupid Blu-Ray. u.u

This is being released in Japan. FFXIII is PS3 exclusive in Japan. Therefore even thinking about a 360 demo in this release is far from logical.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Squaresoft has been doing this since their first (jump to) Sony release: Tobal No 1.The demo of Final Fantasy 7 is the reason anyone even looked in Tobal's direction.

I hear this Akira Toriyama fellow is big news too Rolling Eyes
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Rolando_jose wrote:
sanosuke32 wrote:
At least it looks like really good new footage and not some shitty thing they put together just to get it out and make more money.

Uh....

Uh.... is not a valid comeback, expand. If you're saying how do I know, I don't, I'm just saying so far it looks really nice the new scenes. Plus its on blu-ray, even with no additions i'd have bought it for that. People buy blu-rays for MUCH much less.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
SongstressCela wrote:

This is being released in Japan. FFXIII is PS3 exclusive in Japan. Therefore even thinking about a 360 demo in this release is far from logical.

Ah, I thought this was about the American release. Like I said elsewhere, I read Talkback before the actual articles to see if anything catches my eye or has particularly stirred up discussion. I just presumed this was out in the US. I don't like FFVII, so I'm not following where it is or isn't released. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

I hear this Akira Toriyama fellow is big news too Rolling Eyes

Speaking of Toriyama, Square needs to hook up with him for some kind of Chrono Trigger anime series. Yeah, it's been thirteen years, but surely the DS port has reinvigorated some people's love for that great SNES classic. I always preferred it to Final Fantasy games, myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quote
I do like the increased amount of Denzel this seems to promise, he was one of the only worthwhile characters, imo, and he got underplayed. Good to see he has more than just his "you son of a bitch!" line in terms of parts in the movie where he's not just some sickly/brainwashed/cloud-worshipping kid, heh.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:15 am Reply with quote
If this never gets released in America, I'll import if only to have Advent Children on Bluray (Since, to my knowledge, it was only ever released on DVD and UMD), and in beautiful 1080p.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
There is a massive amount of footage in FF7ACC that was not in the original version. This is most likely the movie that Nomura-san wanted to make in the first place but did not have the time to. Honestly the new footage which as a mentioned there is a TON of is more of a draw then the demo is. If you have a Japanese PSN account you can download a trailer that has nothing but new footage and it is great stuff and it's only 3 mins out of the 25+ mins.

What I want to know is if ACC will get a US release. Alot of people have assumed it will considering the original did however SE has said nothing about a US version at all. I have heard the Japanese release will include the English dub and English subs which may mean they are not releasing it here and expect people will import it.

If they do plan on releasing it in the US it will most likely take a very long time as most of the new scenes will require a reworked dub so they will have to do some new recordings. Which by the way makes me wonder how the Japanese version is going to come with the English dub version if some of the lines were never dubbed. But I guess we will see.

It will have English and Japanese dub, but only a Japanese sub track. No English subs, but the new scenes will be dubbed according to this article:
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/01/30/square-enix-voicing-new-scenes-for-final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-complete/
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quote
I was skeptical until seeing that trailer. There's lots of new stuff there. Hopefully, they'll even have a story this time.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:12 am Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
If this never gets released in America, I'll import if only to have Advent Children on Bluray (Since, to my knowledge, it was only ever released on DVD and UMD), and in beautiful 1080p.

Same here... I'll wait until summer or so to see if there's any word of a US release. If not, I'll start looking into importing. The FF XIII demo is a nice bonus, but I sincerely just want the movie on Blu-Ray. The extra footage is another bonus, imo.
Raoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Raoh wrote:

Same here... I'll wait until summer or so to see if there's any word of a US release. If not, I'll start looking into importing. The FF XIII demo is a nice bonus, but I sincerely just want the movie on Blu-Ray. The extra footage is another bonus, imo.

I think I'll take that route, as well.

The movie is amazing to watch on DVD, but I think it would be even more amazing in high definition.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

P.S. I would love to see it too but,you won't see a remake of 7.Too many people had their hands in creating it. Spin offs are all you are going to get.

I am surprized Sqaure Enix is still re-releasing this movie again. After four years, I thought movie would have lost popuarity by now. I watched the orginal version years ago and enjoyed it, but I don't think I'd buy it just because it's Blue Ray and has a few extra's.

Note: Sqaure soft and Enix merged years ago. Square soft no longer exists, the new company name is Square Enix.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3