• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuroko's Basketball (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Season 1 - Kuroko's Basketball (TV)
Season 2 - Kuroko's Basketball (TV 2) (discussion starts here)
Season 3 - Kuroko's Basketball (TV 3) (discussion starts here)

Genres: comedy, drama, tournament
Themes: basketball, high school, school, sports
----------------------------------

Season 1 Plot Summary: Tetsuya Kuroko is a former member from the legendary middle school basketball team known as "The Generation of Miracles". Upon meeting Taiga Kagami he decides upon becoming his shadow to help him become Japan's greatest basketball player.

Season 2 Plot Summary: Kuroko and Kagami enter the Winter Cup together with the rest of the Seirin Basketball team where they will face off against the rest of the Generation of Miracles.

Season 3 Plot Summary: Seirin High School's basketball club has gained the right to go to the semi-finals of the Winter Cup. Seirin has become the topic of conversation after beating Aomine, a member of the Tōō Academy's "miracle generation," and Murasakibara of Yōsen Academy, and the team renews their determination for the semi-finals.

Pushed on the back by Kuroko, Kagami tries to reconcile with Himuro off the court. However, he saves Himuro and Alex when they are being attacked by a man. The man attacking them is Shōgo Haizaki of Fukuda Integrated Academy. A former student at Teikō Middle School, Shōgo was one of the starting members of the basketball team, but...

Last edited by Volibear on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 6 times in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm planning on watching this soon as Area no Kishi is getting kinda dull recently.

I guess there's not many fans of sports series this season or recently. I still like to watch sports anime occasionally but it's not my favorite type of genre. Anyways, I hope this series is worthy of watching once it finishes airing as I do plan to marathon it sometimes this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Otishio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Every week, I'm on the fence about making a thread for this so I'm glad you did.

I have to agree that it's one of my favorites this season. It seems to be pretty hit or miss, but I've so far enjoyed I think every episode. I also am really looking forward to how *prediction for next week* spoiler[They're going to wrap up Shutoku. I'm almost thinking they're going to lose but I realize this'll be the last season for most of the people on the team and I don't know how that'll work out.]
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I love this anime, but was balking at starting a thread since I was afraid I'd be the only one posting in it. Embarassed

I'm keeping up with 6 anime this season, and I'd probably rank this at number 4 to watch.

It's just SO much fun. The spoiler[fast break] at the end of ep. 10 had me clapping in my seat.

I also like how it's not totally focused on Kagami/Kuroko. I really liked the episode when the seniors spoiler[were given their chance to shine as payback for their last loss.]

And I laughed at Hyuga's training method in ep. 11. spoiler[His poor figurines!]

I know some people were getting mad at the last episode spoiler[(effortless, across the court, nothing but net shots are pretty unbelievable)], but really, the main character is so unobtrusive he's practically invisible. That kind of sets the tone of the anime right there.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I was going to post a thread when it came out, but I thought there would be like 3 people posting on it so I didn't even bother. The ONLY thing I dislike about Kuroko is how some are portrayed as godlike bball players. That green hair dude and his range...
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I was going to post a thread when it came out, but I thought there would be like 3 people posting on it so I didn't even bother. The ONLY thing I dislike about Kuroko is how some are portrayed as godlike bball players. That green hair dude and his range...

I'm not suprised other people saying they were gonna make threads for this, i actually started making this thread twice before during different times before i actually posted this one

i agree about the players portrayal, i'd be cool with it if it was impressive skills, but being able to get 3 pointers from your own hoop, it would be nice if it was at least kept something like that realistic
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote
my fav anime of the season. it looks like it's not an ANN community type anime.

Other anime forum community likes it and has 20+ pages.
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
wow, i'm really suprised that spoiler[they actually won against Shūtoku, i''d been assuming they'd lose in a close ending for the sake of prolonging the story (its Weekly Shounen Jump and at like 160+ chapters it seems like its going strong) but i'm almost kinda glad they won, despite it seeming kinda cliche to win in the dying seconds]

still, it was a very well written spoiler[finale to the match, i tend to get bored during finales but this one actually kept my interest]

looking forward to the next story arc, seems like it will be about spoiler[ Aomine and the pink-haired girl], which now that i mention - spoiler[seems like Kuroko has a fan Wink ]
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
this is simply awesome. been following this on a weekly basis and remembered having seen a thread about it recently.

this is the most ridiculously manly sports anime ever. it's almost fist of the north star levels of manly.

spoiler[a super passing technique(possibly passed down from his sensei) that only one person can catch? that pass literally being a f***ing kung fu punch? well that's f***ing awesome! kuroko is capable of sneaking up behind reason's back and taking it out.]

i get mega enthusiastic while watching this. the nba should better get their lazy asses back into shape before these crazy japanese dudes will mess them up.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
infiltration.cru wrote:
this is the most ridiculously manly sports anime ever. it's almost fist of the north star levels of manly.

kuroko is capable of sneaking up behind reason's back and taking it out.

Very Happy I had to take that out of spoilers because it's worth reading. Very Happy

I think the thing I so like about this series is that while it's got a one-trick-pony sort of hook (Kuroko's lack of presence), they find a way each episode to keep that hook fresh and interesting, and that's no easy feat. And it's never a power-up that you see coming. Some truly creative minds behind this, who are not above having some fun with the tropes.

Does anyone know how many episodes this is?
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Does anyone know how many episodes this is?

i heard it was 25 (my only source is MAL for that, but they don't usually put up the no. of episodes without some sort of proof), but given how ep.13 ended i definitely see it going into a second cour, but beyond that in afraid i don't definitively know if its 24/25/26/26+
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Okay, it's fun and exciting but you have to laugh when spoiler[it takes two minutes and 5 seconds of passes, moves, counter-moves, consideration of moves, and most importantly, explanation of moves, to get through 3 seconds of "real" time. Yeah, except for the moves, its actually all kind of "in their heads" or something but... Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Okay, it's fun and exciting but you have to laugh when spoiler[it takes two minutes and 5 seconds of passes, moves, counter-moves, consideration of moves, and most importantly, explanation of moves, to get through 3 seconds of "real" time. Yeah, except for the moves, its actually all kind of "in their heads" or something but... Laughing]

Well....WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MARTIAL ARTS BASKETBALL!
This is entirely realistic and possible, if your Kung Fu is strong enough. I wouldn't even be surprised if the strongest team is composed entirely of the "boss" villains from Fist of the North Star. In fact, it would be the only thing that makes sense.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 17

spoiler[Touou vs Seirin continues. Aomine enters the court.
Kagami vs Aomine was interesting to watch.]

It's just wow how that guy played.
spoiler[This game really was intense and on edge, but also very impressive.
What was the deal with all the lemons?]
I missed the point of that.
spoiler[Kuroko is really good when it comes to assessing other players.]
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
It's All About The STREET BALL!

honestly, if you've never really played basketball outside of school with any seriousness you wouldn't know how different it can be, so much faster and more competitive and selfish, and i'm kinda glad spoiler[that someone in the show uses that style of play, as good as teamplay, tactics and good fundamentals are to watch there's honestly nothing like watching some street skills on a court]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12