• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuroko's Basketball (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
So along with no 5-second rules or shot clock rule, Japanese basketball has no goaltending rule either? Do they have any rules? I guess when the refs are blind though, it doesn't matter either way. Smile

Once this basketball season is finally over, I want to see Kuroko's Bowling next.

Just think of it as street ball with magical powers.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[This time we got to listen to more commenting than playing.
Commenting and thoughts... 2nd half was better.
I like it more when they show only actual game.
I'm glad Seirin learned how to adapt and play smart.
Kiyoshi was really impressive this time.
Kagami got ahead of himself like he was confused on how to play.
That's never happened before, weird.
Murasakibara was really pissed at Kiyoshi.
No surprise there, but they're gonna need more to win this.
Kiyoshi was starting to show serious signs of wear and tear.
That actually got me slightly worried.
Hopefully, this game will end next time.
And with Murasakibara pissed, things are bound to get even more interesting.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
So now that the engagement is off, does that make Kuroko a home-wrecker?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
I think I mentioned it before at some point, but Himuro and Kagami's sob story is easily the weakest sob story in the whole show so far.

Himuro: I don't want to be your bro anymore!
Kagami: B-b-b-but why?!
Himuro: I shall destroy this magic ring and we won't be bros anymore!
Kagami: NOOOOOOO

Honestly, Himuro's "strife" is so silly I want to punch him a little. Also, someone please tell that guy that being an emo stopped being cool back in '09 (actually, I think it never was)

Gina Szanboti wrote:
So now that the engagement is off, does that make Kuroko a home-wrecker?

Of course not! Himuro was the one who wanted out in the first place, Kagami has the right to move on and find someone new! Laughing
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
I dunno, man. Even though Kagami was wearing Himuro's ring, Kuroko came on to Kagami first, saying he'd be his shadow to Kagami's light and make him the best player in Japan. Who could resist? Of course Himuro would be all jealous and dump him! If Kuroko hadn't been there for Kagami to want to build a future with, he'd have just kept standing by his man, sure he could change him through the purity of no holds barred competition!

(ye gods, there are more relationship tropes in this one triangle than you can shake a stick at! Very Happy)
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
But Himuro's been trying to shake off the relationship since they were in 'Murrica, long before Kuroko entered their lives. So maybe Kuroko caught Kagami a little heartbroken and vulnerable -and may or may not have taken advantage of it-, but that's Himuro's loss! Kagami has already chosen his future with Kuroko, and he's even gone so far as calling Himuro by his LAST NAME instead of his given name. If that's not indicator enough that Kagami and Himuro are definitely through, I don't know what is. Laughing

I love this show
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
Ah, see, I was under the impression that Himuro didn't have his epiphany that he had to completely break it off until it turned into a long distance relationship. But still, if Kuroko hadn't done his stealth move on Kagami's heart, he would have still kept trying to show him that they could make it work.

Wink
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
I thought Kagami was trying to heal his heart wounds with distance, that's why he returned to Japan alone and his parents remained in 'Murrica.

On second thought, considering that Aomine had just broken Kuroko's heart too by refusing to hold hands fist-bump, so maybe Kuroko and Kagami were both vulnerable and just fell into place in an attempted rebound relationship that ultimately became a match of fate.

The funny part is that all of this isn't really that much of a stretch of what's actually happening
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I gotta admit, that new spoiler[formation] sure is something. This could still be anyone's game though. Every minute on the clock counts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Only a few episodes left.
I wonder if we'll get to see the Winter Cup finals.
The way they are stretching the games now, it's not very likely.
I actually like the prolonged games, but at this rate it needs way more episodes.
As it nears its end I kinda want to watch it more.
Murasakibara sure was on fire this time.
Flashbacks to middle school days were interesting.
They definitely provided the info needed to better understand the current situation.
This was another intense episode.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so does Japan really play by different rules (when the refs bother to make their presence known at all) than the rest of the world does? Why didn't Izuki's shot count? The ball clearly left his hands before the end of the quarter.

Teppei was so cute in this. Apparently spoiler[he really did just trip last episode? He didn't seem to be dying anymore.]

"You don't support each other because you're a team, you're a team because you support each other." I like that sentimental sentiment. Smile
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:

I wonder if we'll get to see the Winter Cup finals.

Not this season, this game is just the Quarter Finals. There are at leastspoiler[ three more matches to cover and then some other stuff] before the finals. Considering the pace, I'd imagine we won't be seeing the Finals unless they manage to make it to a fourth season, which I hope they do, considering how popular the series is and how much it sells both in DVD/BD/Manga and overall merchandise.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
^ Not to mention that the manga isn't finished with the tournament yet.
GiraffeTsuki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ok, so does Japan really play by different rules (when the refs bother to make their presence known at all) than the rest of the world does? Why didn't Izuki's shot count? The ball clearly left his hands before the end of the quarter.

Teppei was so cute in this. Apparently spoiler[he really did just trip last episode? He didn't seem to be dying anymore.]

"You don't support each other because you're a team, you're a team because you support each other." I like that sentimental sentiment. Smile

I'm pretty sure the bell rang before he could make it Smile Probably just a sec late. Actually, no. Japan does not play by different rules. They wouldn't be able to compete on FIBA world. [Well, they didn't make it this year, but FIBA asia practically has the same rules.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
Then the shot should have counted. If the ball leaves your hands and is in the air before the clock hits zero, it counts even if it goes in after. That's the very definition of a buzzer beater. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 12