• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minami-ke's 4th Season to Be Animated by Studio feel.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
This is good news. Feel is one of the better studios for this type of anime.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm just glad no one will be bitching about Asread.

But yeah, Feel's a good choice.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Mayo Chiki and Papakiki were both decent enough in art that there shouldn't be any concern. The bigger question, will it have the Bible Black faces? My enjoyment hinges upon that.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Hah. I'll be skipping this. Though I'll be curious to see how it does, considering the Daume produced Minami-ke is by far and away considered the best (and it sold 3x more than Okawari/Okaeri).

Last edited by Megiddo on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Hah. I'll be skipping this. Feel pretty much destroyed the heart of the Galaxy Angel franchise and pretty much all their other stuff is mediocre ecchi rubbish.

ITT: We do not understand how anime production works
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Hah. I'll be skipping this. Feel pretty much destroyed the heart of the Galaxy Angel franchise and pretty much all their other stuff is mediocre ecchi rubbish.

ITT: We do not understand how anime production works

Enlighten me. Are you saying that studios don't have their specializations? Kiss X Sis, Yosuga no Sora, Papakiki, Mayo Chiki... did I miss anything else that they did recently? Nothing that they've done would give me any confidence whatsoever that they could pull off the comedic timing of Minami-ke. Forgive me for not thinking that a studio can just pull off a good show without having any prior experience with that type of show. That kind of experience doesn't just fall from the sky. If the jokes are going to be based on Fujioka walking into Kana's room and having her undressing, then that's certainly what Feel is good at. But I don't think 12 episodes of that would make a very good Minami-ke.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Enlighten me. Are you saying that studios don't have their specializations? Kiss X Sis, Yosuga no Sora, Papakiki, Mayo Chiki... did I miss anything else that they did recently? Nothing that they've done would give me any confidence whatsoever that they could pull off the comedic timing of Minami-ke. Forgive me for not thinking that a studio can just pull off a good show without having any prior experience with that type of show. That kind of experience doesn't just fall from the sky. If the jokes are going to be based on Fujioka walking into Kana's room and having her undressing, then that's certainly what Feel is good at. But I don't think 12 episodes of that would make a very good Minami-ke.

Protip: Studios are not people

Everything you listed has to do with people such as the writer, director, key animators, etc.

So yes, I assert that you have no idea what you are talking about, and considering that the major staff positions were announced already, but only NOW do you have an objection, I'm guessing you have no idea who any of them are, or what they have worked on.

I suggest you consider looking into that. You know, so you have a [expletive] clue before spouting off.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they do get it right as I loved the first 3 seasons, including the much maligned season 2. The director has an odd history but Sket Dance hasn't been too bad although I must admit I dropped it after 5 or so episodes. Long running shows tend to do that to me anyway.

Edit: I must admit thought that a fair amount of the staff seem to have worked on mainly ecchi shows which Minami-ke definitely isn't. A bit worrying

Last edited by ScruffyKiwi on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Everything you listed has to do with people such as the writer, director, key animators, etc.

So yes, I assert that you have no idea what you are talking about, and considering that the major staff positions were announced already, but only NOW do you have an objection, I'm guessing you have no idea who any of them are, or what they have worked on.

So the director of Mayo Chiki is in charge of Minami-ke? That changes everything!

And I have no idea where I would get the idea of a studio meaning the same set of people

As far as I know, this is the first time that ANN announced the staff positions. The last time I saw them they were unverified.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, while feel primarily excels in more ecchi/hardcore fanservice titles (e.g. Yosuga no Sora and Kiss x Sis), they've also shown that they can make relatively tamed shows at the same time (e.g. PapaKiki, Mayo Chiki! and Fortune Arterial).

If anything, I could see this as an opportunity for feel to go back to their roots (e.g. Da Capo Second Season, Futakoi Alternative, Shikabane Hime*, Nagasarete Airantou, Strait Jacket, etc...)
*Note: Shikabane Hime was a Gainax and feel collaboration if anyone was going to argue that.

And yes, it should be noted that quality of the overall show does not equate to studio competence. It just happens that humans tend to use what they "see" as the primary factor of judging things (e.g. pretty shows with crap plots tend to be "better" than awesome plots with crap animations).

I don't see how they could even make an ecchi version of Minami-ke either...but I do agree, that staff lineup is looking pretty gloomy...at least they brought back one scriptwriter from the original series though

Quote:
As far as I know, this is the first time that ANN announced the staff positions. The last time I saw them they were unverified.

Verified here: http://temple-knights.com/archives/2012/06/tv-anime-minamike-4th-season.html

Last edited by Kit-Tsukasa on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

And I have no idea where I would get the idea of a studio meaning the same set of people

Look, I have no idea either what this season will be like, but getting your knickers in a twist over it (and who the hell did you want to do it, anyway?) is ridiculous.

Especially the way you whined over Galaxy Angel and crap like this:

Quote:
If the jokes are going to be based on Fujioka walking into Kana's room and having her undressing, then that's certainly what Feel is good at. But I don't think 12 episodes of that would make a very good Minami-ke.

If the show sucks, it sucks, but at least [expletive] WATCH IT FIRST.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
So the director of Mayo Chiki is in charge of Minami-ke? That changes everything!

Well I consider Mayo Chiki one of the top 7 or 8 shows of 2011, so I don't see the problem with that. And the director is one of my top 5-10 directors, I love his comedy style... so personally I see no issue.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Look, I have no idea either what this season will be like, but getting your knickers in a twist over it (and who the hell did you want to do it, anyway?) is ridiculous.

Wanted it to be Daume with Masahiko Oota directing. The same combination that created the first series. Oota then went on to direct both seasons of Mitsudomoe as well as Yuru Yuri (and he'll be directing the sequel that'll start in a few weeks). They were perfect when they did the original series of Minami-ke, and it would have been one hell of a treat to have them back.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Wanted it to be Daume with Masahiko Oota directing. The same combination that created the first series. Oota then went on to direct both seasons of Mitsudomoe as well as Yuru Yuri (and he'll be directing the sequel that'll start in a few weeks). They were perfect when they did the original series of Minami-ke, and it would have been one hell of a treat to have them back.

I couldn't stand Mitsudomoe.

At any rate, you didn't get them, so live with it.

Or are you going to complain about this every single time the show is mentioned from now until it airs?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Not at all. And in fact, I would have said nothing more at all in this thread if my posts were not replied to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2