Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Games' English Teaser Trailer Streamed




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tenbyakugon



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 586
Location: Ohio, United States of America

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait!! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44



Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 1243

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I actually just bought Pokemon: Black this past weekend, first Pokemon game i've played in about 8-9 years, yet the games are just as addictive to me now as they were as a kid, defiantly gonna try to get Black 2 when it comes out. (Hopefully I will have beaten Black 1 by then, I swear I'm so lazy when it comes to finishing games these days. Laughing )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1693

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I just bought White this past week and I am totally stoked about getting Black and White 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Kurohei



Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 325

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
Sure hope it's an improvement from black and white....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lostrune



Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:33 am Reply with quote
"Roxie"? Oh, I get it because she's in a rock band. Laughing These dub names get worse every time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haterater



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Posts: 991

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quote
I don't see how its worst. Rock band plus toxic is a fine name for her since toxic is related to poison, being her gym specialty at it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Manga
Tenbyakugon



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 586
Location: Ohio, United States of America

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
"Roxie"? Oh, I get it because she's in a rock band. Laughing These dub names get worse every time.


"Roxie", as in "rock and roll" and "toxic", actually. Wink

EDIT: My 151st forum post would be one about Pokémon Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence



Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 2047

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
Still no R/S/E remakes........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4035

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Still no R/S/E remakes........


What's with the desire for remakes? Usually people hate remakes, especially pointless ones.

Speaking of Homika. I love her song, and can see it being a Japanese meme.

(」・ω・)」DOGARS Dogars!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ss-hikaru



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 265
Location: Western Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Speaking of Homika. I love her song, and can see it being a Japanese meme.

(」・ω・)」DOGARS Dogars!


LOOOL dogars?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4232

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
Still no R/S/E remakes........


What's with the desire for remakes? Usually people hate remakes, especially pointless ones.

Speaking of Homika. I love her song, and can see it being a Japanese meme.

(」・ω・)」DOGARS Dogars!


The desire for remakes is because it seems that GF is going to be doing constant remakes of the games, with Firered/Leafgreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Anyway, wow, the games really do have improved music capabilities now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4035

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
The only readon Red/Green and Gold/Silver were remade is because the way Game Boy and Color games were programmed prevented them from being compatible and trading with GBA and DS games. So remaking them for GBA/DS is the way to get those Pokemon for the current batch of games. There's no need to do remakes of Ruby and Sapphire since you can get Pokemon off them to the current game and they're compatible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenbyakugon



Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 586
Location: Ohio, United States of America

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
The only readon Red/Green and Gold/Silver were remade is because the way Game Boy and Color games were programmed prevented them from being compatible and trading with GBA and DS games. So remaking them for GBA/DS is the way to get those Pokemon for the current batch of games. There's no need to do remakes of Ruby and Sapphire since you can get Pokemon off them to the current game and they're compatible.


There actually is, though... The obvious reason being that GBA games are now obsolete as far as Nintendo is concerned (they no longer sell the NDS Lite). It does no respect to that area of the franchise to just leave Hoenn in the dust the way Johto would have been had HGSS not come out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group