• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - My Butler Can Beat Up Your Butler

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtakuKate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote
Heh, can't wait to read Otomen. It looks freakin' hilarious, and I read every shojo parody (Ouran, Your and My Secret, et cetera) I can get my hands on. It doesn't hurt that there is much LULZ to be found in remembering that the main character's name is Asuka, which is also the name of the insane mecha pilot in Evangelion... that would be some weird crossover fic, huh?

I didn't catch Peach Girl, as I joined the otaku hordes only three years ago or so, but Papillon's artwork makes me want to check it out. What can I say, I love big eyes and dramatic love stories.

Oh, and thanks for posting my review. I didn't think I had a chance...! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! *insert total spaz freakout here*
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
So I liked Otomen, but I don't consider it B+ material, because of the way certain plot-lines drag out longer than necessary. Plus the self-awareness aspect of one of the characters gets old at times. But it's not a bad read, so I'm hoping it'll have a faster pace and more depth in later editions.
Nightshrill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:40 pm Reply with quote
So I picked up Otomen and I have to agree with Gatsu as well as the reviewer overall on what it has going for it and against. I'm not really one for letter grades so I can't say whether it's "B+ Material" or not, but it is definately a very interesting read and after a number of months w/no new manga serials i was interested in I think I've found my next one Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2