Forum - View topic
NEWS: Idolm@ster Shiny Festa to Bundle 3 New Anime Episodes




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mewpudding101



Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1477
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
And now I have to buy all 3 versions... How they suck money from me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
Awesome! More Idolmaster episodes is a great thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1482

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Three more eps ~ it isn't a season 2 but I've been dieing for more of the anime. Ep 26 had me laughing the whole time.

$75 for a psp game though? That's a little odd considering SP even at it's first release was only about 3k yen (so about $37). Plus with IM@S 2 getting a platinum release in two months you can get a copy for under $55 now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Three more eps ~ it isn't a season 2 but I've been dieing for more of the anime. Ep 26 had me laughing the whole time.

$75 for a psp game though? That's a little odd considering SP even at it's first release was only about 3k yen (so about $37). Plus with IM@S 2 getting a platinum release in two months you can get a copy for under $55 now.


Its probably that expensive due to the anime episodes. They generally run like 30-40 bucks a piece in the volumes after all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1482

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
ninjapet wrote:
Three more eps ~ it isn't a season 2 but I've been dieing for more of the anime. Ep 26 had me laughing the whole time.

$75 for a psp game though? That's a little odd considering SP even at it's first release was only about 3k yen (so about $37). Plus with IM@S 2 getting a platinum release in two months you can get a copy for under $55 now.


Its probably that expensive due to the anime episodes. They generally run like 30-40 bucks a piece in the volumes after all.

Scamco at work. I think I'm just going to wait until the game gets a re-release at a cheaper price point. Like you know a greatest hits copy since SP and all the other games got one a year or two after it's first release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 2335
Location: wisconsin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
Sweet more Idolmasters but why can't they just make a new season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1482

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet more Idolmasters but why can't they just make a new season


My guess is SF isn't big enough to make another season to promote the games. (which is what the anime was since im@s 2 came out for the ps3 during it's run along with all the G4U! vols) Which is why we're just getting ovas instead.

Cinderella girls is getting it's own manga and now we're getting a manga based off the anime for im@s.

I'm guessing that the next "big" game in the series is when we'll get more ovas or a second season. They need something to tie in to the anime or make DLC out of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

$75 for a psp game though? That's a little odd considering SP even at it's first release was only about 3k yen (so about $37). Plus with IM@S 2 getting a platinum release in two months you can get a copy for under $55 now.


The original price for SP was 5040 yen. Were you quoting the greatest hits version price?

So, 5980 yen isn't that terrible since games range from the 5000 yen mark to 6000 yen or so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1482

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
ninjapet wrote:

$75 for a psp game though? That's a little odd considering SP even at it's first release was only about 3k yen (so about $37). Plus with IM@S 2 getting a platinum release in two months you can get a copy for under $55 now.


The original price for SP was 5040 yen. Were you quoting the greatest hits version price?

So, 5980 yen isn't that terrible since games range from the 5000 yen mark to 6000 yen or so.

http://www.play-asia.com/​The_Idolmster_2_Play​Station3_Best_Versio​n/​paOS-​13-​71-​bp-​49-​en-​70-​4z3n.​html
^ that's for im@s 2, It's $52.90 without shipping, if you get Fedex or EMS it's like $10-$15 added on to it.

ah I thought SP was kinda cheap right off the bat since you can't find the first release copy online anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group