• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hunter × Hunter Episodes 14-26 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spleen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
The Monty Python theme is a Sousa military march. Research, Google, credibility, cancelling my subscription, etc etc. But it does sound silly, which is probably why they chose it.

If Carl doesn't like tournaments I'm interested to see what he makes of the current episodes. They're prizefights, not a tournament... but then again Gon has to beat x throwaway characters to progress to the big one, so it's basically a tournament structure.

I thought the arc with the assassin's family was the weakest part of the series so far. A lot of it felt hackneyed, and in particular I've had a hatred for "Haha! I have won by losing!" devices since X, one of the first animes I saw. (I don't count the tournament in that, by the way - Gon won that fair and square under the rules that were presented.) But after Trick Tower it had to go downhill at some point.
Mr. Toto

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote
Spleen wrote:
The Monty Python theme is a Sousa military march.

You're right; it's "The Liberty Bell." In fact, it seems that a lot of the music composed for the series is intentionally drawing from military march music.
futurefrog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: That's great. Please leave your comments in the ANN Feedback forum. -TK]
[EDIT2: Again, go to the ANN Feedback forum. Criticism is welcome there. Try to keep this thread about Hunter x Hunter, not the site's trend of writing declination. Thanks. -TK]
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Overall great review, but seriously how can you mess up by not saying madhouse? anyways good review though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2