• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Extra Animation Omitted Due to Tight Schedule

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
I don't claim to speak for Bleach fans here, but if this were something I were interested in I'd rather there were a delay so they could release the more complete version.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
Oh they sure love cuttin Omake from their stuff they failed to include it in the Black Lagoon BDs.
Ao_Kamineko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
UtenaAnthy wrote:
I don't claim to speak for Bleach fans here, but if this were something I were interested in I'd rather there were a delay so they could release the more complete version.

I agree. I understand that there have been setbacks and cuts, but really--they charge nearly the same amount for 12 episodes in a flimsy dvd case with very little extras and want to cut even more out? Compare any of the more recent seasons released with the first three box sets and all I can say is that I am sorely disappointed. The first three season boxes had hardcover sleeves chock-full of art (like the inside of the box-sleeve) either a poster, postcards, or a trading card, a nice multiple disk inner part again, chock-full of art, and plenty of extras on the DVDs. What the heck are they giving us now? Simply dubbed, omake'd and flimsy.

I guess "they" don't understand that we fans would rather wait and get all then get something half-done. I used to be excited about buying the box sets, but now I look at the newer releases and I feel cheated.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Ao_Kamineko wrote:
UtenaAnthy wrote:

I agree. I understand that there have been setbacks and cuts, but really--they charge nearly the same amount for 12 episodes in a flimsy dvd case with very little extras and want to cut even more out? Compare any of the more recent seasons released with the first three box sets and all I can say is that I am sorely disappointed. The first three season boxes had hardcover sleeves chock-full of art (like the inside of the box-sleeve) either a poster, postcards, or a trading card, a nice multiple disk inner part again, chock-full of art, and plenty of extras on the DVDs. What the heck are they giving us now? Simply dubbed, omake'd and flimsy.

I guess "they" don't understand that we fans would rather wait and get all then get something half-done. I used to be excited about buying the box sets, but now I look at the newer releases and I feel cheated.

Thing is the UK distros don't understand fans period just look at the UK box set for Madoka compared to the US LE box set.

Just to illustrate what good boxsets look like

What a bad one looks like and i know this one is old but back then they could have done better

and just for kicks my animé BD collection

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1