• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Average age of ANN users.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your age?
up to 13
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
14-16
7%
 7%  [ 20 ]
17-19
13%
 13%  [ 37 ]
20-24
33%
 33%  [ 93 ]
25-29
18%
 18%  [ 52 ]
30-34
8%
 8%  [ 25 ]
35-39
6%
 6%  [ 18 ]
40-44
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
45-49
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
50-59
5%
 5%  [ 14 ]
60-69
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
70+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 279

Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There's plenty to make a young man(or woman) feel old if you look. I remember when it was common to pay after you pumped your gas, back when it was under $2 a gallon(for some reason $1.57 is the figure that comes to mind)

Yeah Lol, I remember those times. I just feel horrible when you talk about a show that was brand new when we were young and kids these-days treat it like WWII tanks....(old)
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The age distribution there is about the same as in most internet forums. Usually most people on internet forums are between 18 and 30, that applies to forums of any type.

I have seem the same age distribution applied to forums about sports, science, films, history, WW2, blacksmithing, politics and any other field. Though only here I have seem people say: "well, looks like I can still do the hobby this forum is about since there are lot of people of my age watching it." Very Happy

While animation is associated with young age the country that watches the most animation is also among the countries with the oldest population in the world.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
guildmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 am Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
The age distribution there is about the same as in most internet forums. Usually most people on internet forums are between 18 and 30, that applies to forums of any type.

I have seem the same age distribution applied to forums about sports, science, films, history, WW2, blacksmithing, politics and any other field. Though only here I have seem people say: "well, looks like I can still do the hobby this forum is about since there are lot of people of my age watching it." Very Happy

While animation is associated with young age the country that watches the most animation is also among the countries with the oldest population in the world.

I see we need a few remedial lessons in grammar here! Razz
larinon

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Statistics update!

182 responses
Average age: 26.88 years
Median age: 23.36 years
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
guildmaster wrote:
I see we need a few remedial lessons in grammar here! Razz

I am not from an English speaking country.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 am Reply with quote
Fair enough. However, you didn't post a location in your profile, so how is anyone expected to know that.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
guildmaster wrote:
Fair enough. However, you didn't post a location in your profile, so how is anyone expected to know that.

My username is quite non-English sounding.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
guildmaster wrote:

That doesn't mean anything. A lot of people on this forum have Japanese sounding usernames, but I'm prepared to bet most if not all of them aren't native Japanese speakers.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Mine is in German, even though I'm Lithuanian. Smile

Last edited by Ignatz on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote
Also, the fact that someone's real name and ethnical background is, for example, Spanish, doesn't actually mean that person speaks Spanish. If you're born and brought up in another country, you might not speak the language at all.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
I'm actually a bit glad to see the average age go up a bit towards the end, but I suppose I shouldn't be at all. I just mentioned in another thread that true maturity is being so strong that you needn't worry about looking weak because you fear that other people perceive you as behaving in an immature fashion.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Jose Cruz wrote:
guildmaster wrote:

That doesn't mean anything. A lot of people on this forum have Japanese sounding usernames, but I'm prepared to bet most if not all of them aren't native Japanese speakers.

Well, one thing is having a Japanese username in an English speaking forum about anime, another is to have a Portuguese username in the same forum. I use that username in many different internet forums about a variety of subjects.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
In the U.S. and Canada, the ethnicity of a name means nothing. With the exception of native Americans, we are all emigrants. Some have been here 10 generations and some are brand new. Neither Jose or Cruz are uncommon names.

I should point out that just above in this thread are people who are also not from North America and whose English is every bit as good as mine. We don't mind making allowances for people who are not completely comfortable with English, but you have to say so. We can't guess. I think we have a rule to that effect.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:11 am Reply with quote
I'm 14 years old and I'm at third year at junior high school...Thank you...
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
It's actually really nice to see someone who is younger come around here. While we speak a lot about age and such, it's the younger folks who will carry anime to the next generation so to speak. In every hobby I've ever involved myself in the idea of getting young people interested has always been important. I don't think anime and manga is any different at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5