• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Average age of ANN users.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your age?
up to 13
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
14-16
7%
 7%  [ 20 ]
17-19
13%
 13%  [ 37 ]
20-24
33%
 33%  [ 93 ]
25-29
18%
 18%  [ 52 ]
30-34
8%
 8%  [ 25 ]
35-39
6%
 6%  [ 18 ]
40-44
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
45-49
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
50-59
5%
 5%  [ 14 ]
60-69
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
70+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 279

A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the update larinon. I wonder though, this poll is still relatively young (about 1.2 years old), but you cannot change your vote if you've been 'promoted' to another age group and we don't know if many people who've voted over a year ago are still active members. So, how long will it be until this poll really isn't representative of the current situation anymore?

@Polycell: that's weird, like egoist I've only seen people pay AFTER they've pumped their gas. I mean, you don't know exactly how much gas you need, right?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
@A Mystery
A lot of the gas stations here are self serve. The only employee is in a kiosk in the center of the lot and only takes money. Apparently this is ripe for "pump and run" types who don't pay.

At these places you either put a credit card in and it is charged when you stop pumping or you go to the kiosk and pay in advance. If you can't pump that much, I assume you can ask for a partial refund. I use a card myself.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
@Polycell: that's weird, like egoist I've only seen people pay AFTER they've pumped their gas. I mean, you don't know exactly how much gas you need, right?
I remember thinking "that's weird" the first time I heard of a gas station requiring prepayment, but it became standard when prices jumped a while back; can't recall if it was before or after breaking the $3 barrier, though.

@Alan45: Sounds like a supermarket gas station - most of the ones here are attached to convenience stores instead.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:51 am Reply with quote
@Polycell
The one I was describing is associated with the local Kroger supermarket. However, we have had an Exxon station like that locally. Just the kiosk and the pumps. It closed when they changed the intersection.
larinon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Thanks for the update larinon. I wonder though, this poll is still relatively young (about 1.2 years old), but you cannot change your vote if you've been 'promoted' to another age group and we don't know if many people who've voted over a year ago are still active members. So, how long will it be until this poll really isn't representative of the current situation anymore?

That is a relevant problem in any statistics gathering process. The issue is asking the correct questions, but it wasn't anything we were thinking about when we created the poll. A better way of asking this might be according to which decade or half-decade a person was born in, e.g.

before 1940
1940-1949
1950-1959
1960-1960
1970-1979
1980-1984
1985-1989
1990-1994
1995-1999
2000-2004
2005-present

That arrangement would keep us going for almost ten years or so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
From what people have been saying, I guess that I'm the only young male who actually still adheres to forum technology. Well, let me revise that. I was until what some of the others wrote here. I've seen a lot of people discussing at length about how young people don't really care for forum technology, but to be honest I don't care at all for social networking. The idea of it creeps me out and I don't consider it safe. Frankly, I don't want the world to know everything about me. Rather, I'd just like them to hear what I have to say in a few anime threads around here.
CarnivalCorpse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm clinging to the 20 - 24 bracket. I ain't overly shocked at the age diversity considering anime can cater to fans of all genres/ages etc.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I got into anime back in the last decade, so I would have been in a much younger bracket had this poll been back then. However given from experience, it seems that most people would be in the college age bracket or even post graduate. Hardcore otaku fans being in their thirties and forties would not surprise me at this point seeing that there were those who picked it up back in the 80s and 90s, and stayed loyal to today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
_Lacus Clyne_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
Whoa! I didn't know there are still three people aged 60-69 here.
Oh well, this poll just reflected that anime is for all ages!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5