• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Blood-C Film, more Ikki Tousen, Michiko & Hatchin

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Finally someone grabs Michiko, but it's 4 years too late and they won't even be releasing it until late next year, based on their typical release history. I'm happy and all, but the wait doesn't help build suspense or a fan base here. Oh, and it had better be on BluRay, under no circumstances can you experience this show on DVD, it's meant to be SEEN because the story isn't the main support here.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
After what CR announced, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero seemed like something Funi would pick up.

I'm surprised that Funi picked up home media rights for Hidan no Aria - I guess it did well enough when streaming.

asimpson2006 wrote:
I am happy I can get the rest of Ikki Tousen without having to go the fansub route.

Agreed. That was a nice pick-up mainly for completion sake.

yeah i'm happy about ikki-tousen as well but .. nvm I shall bite my tongue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DRWii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see "Blood-C" is licensed, and I was thinking of giving "Michiko & Hatchin" a second chance, so I guess I won't need fansubs.

As for "Appleseed XIII"...why?

Last edited by DRWii on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Agreed in a very bleh lineup, but I am a bit intrigued for Michiko & Hatchin, if only because Mike Toole mentioned it in his "Lost Decade" column
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
So much for Gosick and Nichijou Crying or Very sad

I am glad E7AO will get a dub---great show so far!

With Tetsuya Kakihara and Aya Hirano booked as guests, I'm betting FUNI will jump in with some Fairy Tail news at Otakon.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Huzzah for Michiko and Hatchin!! I've really wanted this one for a long time, and I know a bunch of other people will be happy as well. If only the time between announcement and the actual release wasn't so long!
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I don't know any better since I wasn't there when all the titles were announced, but you guys make it sound as if whoever announced the titles said they didn't really license anything and instead gave the audience the finger and bashed the anime community throughout the panel.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:

Wasn't that project cancelled because it was too expensive and sucked ass?
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
It's always nice to see all the Funimation licenses. I guess I am more concerned if will we see these on DVD/Blu-Ray before 2014. Smart alek? Yes I am, but again, I'm still waiting on Index / Railgun.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Interesting they get Aria now. Also glad they got Jormungand home video rights.

Michiko to Hatchin, heard nothing but great things, so I'm excited about that. The Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero simulcast sounds good.

Appleseed XIII, don't know what to think.

Blood-C is the mysterious one here.

Now Ikki Tousen, considering Media Blasters failed to release Great Guardians, and FUNi snatched this up, I can only wonder if MB is truly (unfortunately) dead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

Hypeathon wrote:
Maybe I don't know any better since I wasn't there when all the titles were announced, but you guys make it sound as if whoever announced the titles said they didn't really license anything and instead gave the audience the finger and bashed the anime community throughout the panel.

This happens every time any show is licensed around this time. The bigger stuff will probably be announced at Otakon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
opn

TG72 wrote:
So much for Nichijou Crying or Very sad

You might want you be asking sentai since apparently nisa (supposedly) mentioned them having it 3 times in the past.
batou37

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I would have been more impressed instead of any new aquisitions with them announcing that the update to their Web site was finished and I would actually be able to use my Elite membership I have had since it began. The "we know there are problems and we are working on a large update that will fix them all, but there is no ETA, we understand the frustration and you are free to cancel your subscription at any time" story is getting quite frustrating after 3 months.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I guess announcing the licenses of season 3 & 4 of Ikki Tousen pretty much confirms two things.
1) Funi thinks there's still money to make on the franchise
2) Media Blasters is pretty much giving up on taking on more new stuff. Since S2 of that was one of their big sellers(along with Queen's Blade, who Sentai is now licensed the unreleased season). So unless they can get their repackaged old releases out and make money off of them, Media Blasters is essentially dead.

Hidan no Aria was one that I figured would eventually get a home release here. The pacing of the story was really what ruined that show for me, since it jumped around too much. But I guess if I have credit to burn on Amazon, I'll eventually buy it on sale for collection purposes.
DRWii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
DRWii wrote:

Wasn't that project cancelled because it was too expensive and sucked ass?

If CDJapan's listings are any indication, the series actually completed it's run. Perhaps you're thinking of "Appleseed Genesis"?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 12