• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Blood-C Film, more Ikki Tousen, Michiko & Hatchin

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Sooo glad Michiko & Hatchin is getting picked up. You have my money, Funi.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
So Lance, Still can't convince Toei to release Sailor Moon from their dungeon, then? I mean it's not like the newly released manga is tanking, or anything Rolling Eyes
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
Never mind i misread that..

Anyway Glad to see the Blood-C series and movie get licensed. I'm a fan of the franchise and have liked both the Original movie and Blood+ and wanted to see the clamp take on the whole thing.

Everything else though doesn't interest me at all and some of it is outright terrible.

I was actually expecting Sony to license the Blood C series like how they licensed the Blood Plus TV series. It's gonna be interesting when it comes time for the english dub casting. will they use their own VA or use the cast from Blood + ?

HOWEVER , I'm extremely shocked they got the ikkitousen series. How's that possible? I thought Media Blaster have the license? Unless they either dropped it or they went six feet under like Bandai ( I PRAY TO GOD THAT IS NOT THE CASE!!!) . though they did well with heaven's lost property , strike witches and rosario + vampire , I dont know how their gonna make a series like ikkitousen work for the english dub,unless they use the Media Blasters VA from Dragon Destiny, and it wont be the first time they use none of their VA for a series they license. ( Tenchi Muyo GXP )

Hopefully they'll treat the series ok,since as everyone knows I'm a die hard ecchi / fanservice type junkie. And it was doing preety good by MB , but got dwarfed by the success of Queens Blade, though a part of me have doubts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

HOWEVER , I'm extremely shocked they got the ikkitousen series. How's that possible? I thought Media Blaster have the license? Unless they either dropped it or they went six feet under like Bandai ( I PRAY TO GOD THAT IS NOT THE CASE!!!) . though they did well with heaven's lost property , strike witches and rosario + vampire , I don't know how their gonna make a series like ikkitousen work for the english dub,unless they use the Media Blasters VA from Dragon Destiny, and it wont be the first time they use none of their VA for a series they license. ( Tenchi Muyo GXP )

Hopefully they'll treat the series ok,since as everyone knows I'm a die hard ecchi / fanservice type junkie. And it was doing preety good by MB , but got dwarfed by the success of Queens Blade, though a part of me have doubts.

I remember when MB cancelled the listing for GG. That was a quick turn around for someone else to get it. Well if MB already dubbed it (I'm sure they did) they would probably use that terrible dub that MB used for DD. XX might have a different VA cast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

I remember when MB cancelled the listing for GG. That was a quick turn around for someone else to get it. Well if MB already dubbed it (I'm sure they did) they would probably use that terrible dub that MB used for DD. XX might have a different VA cast.

MB apparently never even started production.

https://twitter.com/balanime/status/219243065976696832

Quote:
FYI guys, the dub for IkkiTousen GG actually never got started when it was under MB. A certain NY VA has confirmed not recording that season

Seems they have a bad habit of prematurely putting up listings for dubs they haven't even produced yet or dubs that are complete but haven't paid for yet...

*cough* Michael Sinterniklaas says the next set of Bakuman episodes is done but nobody has picked up the bill *cough*

Guess that's why the Part 2 DVD release keeps getting canceled. Media Blasters wants to avoid paying it for as long as possible while they sort out other problems...

GG and XX will probably be an in-house Funimation dub (with Carrie Savage from the New Generation Pictures dub cast returning as Hakufu since she also works for Funimation).
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:11 am Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

MB apparently never even started production.

https://twitter.com/balanime/status/219243065976696832

Quote:
FYI guys, the dub for IkkiTousen GG actually never got started when it was under MB. A certain NY VA has confirmed not recording that season

Seems they have a bad habit of prematurely putting up listings for dubs they haven't even produced yet or dubs that are complete but haven't paid for yet...

*cough* Michael Sinterniklaas says the next set of Bakuman episodes is done but nobody has picked up the bill *cough*

Guess that's why the Part 2 DVD release keeps getting canceled. Media Blasters wants to avoid paying it for as long as possible while they sort out other problems...

GG and XX will probably be an in-house Funimation dub (with Carrie Savage from the New Generation Pictures dub cast returning as Hakufu since she also works for Funimation).

For some reason I though GG was already dubbed, but I guess that is not the case. I just wonder who will be the cast this time around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12