• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Campione! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[Godou dies again...
Athena seems to have a special interest in him.
Liliana totally does irrational things when Godou is around ^^"
Her imagination sure was running wild! LOL
That Athena sure is an interesting character..]
Takanashi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[Athena is indeed an interesting character, others ones clearly lack in comparaison. Lilliana's delusion was pretty funny, and Salvatore's bondage harem made me laugh. More actions expected next time. ]
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Following the accursed loss of the beach episode, this week carries on our young God-Slaying King's adventure.

spoiler[Between the boundary of life and death, our king reaches the state of enlightenment. Fear not, he shall not die even if he is killed for he has the power of the Ram - a power bestowed upon him when he defeated the rogue god, Verethragna. Our King possesses not only such powers but also the charisma to capture the hearts of wenches all around. He has won the heart of Maiden Knight Lilliana. However, her hidden libido is disclosed during this courtship.

Weep not, fair maiden, your secrets are safe with our King. If you do decide to weep, you may do so on the King's broad shoulders; he has collected the tears of many maidens and they were key to his victories. Let the saline, watery fluid shed from your eyes drive him to victory against the foe! Evil shall not stand up against the King's justice!

But battle will not occur tonight; the King needs his rest. Let the foe, Perseus, slayer of serpents, battle against our mighty God Slaying King next week!]

I tried too hard this time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

"He won't spoiler[die because of a minor thing like being killed]." Even that infamous anime line is not a rule for Campione to follow.

I like me some delusions.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
can wait to see this fight
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

spoiler[Godou vs Perseus.
Liliana teaching him... she sure made a big deal of a simple kiss.
I mean it was to help him out...
It was an interesting battle between those two.
In reality, they sure talked a lot during the battle..]

Seems like Athena really likes Godou ^^
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10
Pfft, you can't help but envy this guy now after this episode. New knight to the harem with some kisses as an added bonus. Now, he's got Red Devil, a shrine maiden, a knight, and a mistress.

I think next time will be the introduction of the final girl, or rather the character in the OP song with the strange sword based on the short preview.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Come, my children. Let us witness the battle between God and King!

But before that, spoiler[let us witness a night of passionate kissing. Oh, young love, how concupiscent you are! We are testimony to this development of affection. However, love must be consummated and it is - through the act of an open-mouthed kiss. With the joining of two lips, we view the fruition of sharing knowledge.]

. . .

I give up, it takes too much effort to brainstorm interesting ways to write about this episode as I did for the last two. My opinion of this show has changed, I didn't really care for it earlier but now I find myself enjoying it more than I did before. This show is an epitome of the "explain your attacks" trope but it's done pretty well that I find myself liking it.

It looks like what I've been waiting for all this time is coming next week in this show, too. Yay, huzzah! I'm quite satisfied with how the show build up thus far.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
"spoiler[I am the serpent... the serpent that opposes Heaven.]" Sounds like she is saying that she spoiler[is the devil or something].

I get a bit frustrated that the main character can not call other characters for being stupid and or jealous for matters that are of great importance, or tell other characters they are being contradictory. Like that god spoiler[acting like he is some justice, when he is being battle wanting some hatred against against serpents,] or others putting their teenage hijinks above god matters.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:35 am Reply with quote
To be fair, it's not like they're ever in any real danger. Godou is freakishly overpowered.

Someone oughta nerf him or there'd be no actual conflict by the end of the series.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
now that was an awesome fight. I love a jealous Erica.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Godou sure is enjoying lots of girl attention.
spoiler[Now even a new one appeared - Ena.
Looks like most of the girls have one-sided relationships with him.
Some of them are not too happy about being just friends.
Erica & Godou on a date ^^]

That was really nice to watch.
spoiler[Erica vs Ena! A chick fight! LOL]
There is some serious competition for him.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
Why has his sister been left out so much, I would have loved more of her input into the crazy stuff he has been through, well it seems that she has come across spoiler[Athena, so I wonder what will happen next. Take the Goddess of death/snakes/knowledge to be another admirer, one of the young kind.]

Personally the only one I think fits with Godou is spoiler[Erica, although Lili is worth some laughs, mostly how she got teased so much by Erica.] Laughing Although this show is pointing at the harem route.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Why has his sister been left out so much, I would have loved more of her input into the crazy stuff he has been through, well it seems that she has come across spoiler[Athena, so I wonder what will happen next. Take the Goddess of death/snakes/knowledge to be another admirer, one of the young kind.]

Personally the only one I think fits with Godou is spoiler[Erica, although Lili is worth some laughs, mostly how she got teased so much by Erica.] Laughing Although this show is pointing at the harem route.

i hope he adds Athena to the harem.
I go read the novel yesterday, it looks Godou's grandfather is cut in the anime. why why
Xanas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
They decided he didn't add value? I'm not sure, as someone who hasn't read the novel I'm not missing him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4