• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tari Tari (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:01 am Reply with quote
The White Festival no matter what!
Those kids really have some spirit.
Konatsu sure has lots of spirit, heart and willpower.
She never quits when she sets her mind on something.
I really admire her, even though she's not right every time.
We finally got the see Vice Principals gentler side too ^^
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I would really love it if someone slapped that annoying choir girl, preferably Konatsu
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
It's over Sad

spoiler[So despite some resistance from the chairman, the gang get to put on their performance, even getting assistance from the music club.

Afterwards it's time for everyone to go their separate ways, Sawa leaving before graduation in order to go to a horse riding school over seas. Taichi confesses to her before she goes, though.

Taichi continues with badminton, Konatsu goes to college, Wein returns to Vienna where he meets Yan again, and Wakana continues with music, the vice principal as her tutor.]

So wonderful, but so sad to see everyone go. Here's hoping for at least a short OVA showing everyone's futures.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's just about a perfect conclusion as far as I'm considered. PA Works did a marvelous job at taking the humdrum premise of the show and executing it so masterfully that it became my favorite series of the summer season (just edging out Humanity Has Declined due to the overwhelming strength of Tari Tari's conclusion).

Love it. I can't wait for what Masakazu Hashimoto gets to direct next, because he absolutely blew me away in this, his TV anime directorial debut. And I hope that the main five are able to release at least a few musical CDs for the show as well. The harmony between them all is just beautiful.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote
So finished, and yes it was a very well done ending, they did not throw out any deus ex machina to make it super perfect ending, which probably made it even better. Reminds me of one of P.A. Works other anime, Angel Beats, due to the coming of age theme with a graduation at the end. I teared a bit over the slideshow of the show in the credits, it was a beautiful series.

I would not say it was my favourite series, and that I can see this show get ignored, but it was good at what it was, I had a lot of fun, some nice songs, good characters, fine drama. I am happy to have watched it.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote
well just finish watching it all yea nice good series in slice of life glee style anime.

really it good series some ha ha especially sentai/power rangers eps doing & final performance very good.

overall good series & good end.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
I guess we should be happy spoiler[they got to put on their show. It was totally worth the principal's future as a unemployed bum. The streets are going to eat him alive. But it's okay! High school show!]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 Final

spoiler[First the rainy day and then the denied entrance.
Their day wasn't off to a good start.
The principal's monologue was a surprise.
Didn't expect him to stand up to the chairman.
The biggest surprise was the help of the vice principal.
It was a truly wonderful White Festival!
Looks like everyone continued following their dreams after that.]

Really nice final episode!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I guess we should be happy spoiler[they got to put on their show. It was totally worth the principal's future as a unemployed bum. The streets are going to eat him alive. But it's okay! High school show!]
spoiler[Good thing administrators get retirement and the principal saw it worth it to keep his integrity as an educator over the future luxury promised by the chairman. How dare he! Doesn't he know the only thing that matters is to make more money?]
timiman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:13 am Reply with quote
So that's how it ended! Well I guess... actually I don't need to guess... but I'm satisfied with it. And the musical number was worth all the trouble in the end, The team was happy, the teachers were happy, everyone was happy. A happy ending to a show that deserved it and modest enough to keep in with the show. Guess it was this shows perfect ending. Waiting for the newest from P.A. Works...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quote
I'm still holding onto hope that maybe we'll at least get an epilouge OVA. A second season might be out of the question, but there are enough time skips in the show where they could go back and set more stories in.

One can dream.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:

I would have preferred that more people from the town show up for the performance. It seemed that it would have been worth it.

It was pretty predictable that we would end up loving our clench-jawed VP even back at Episode 2. She really seemed to blossom when conducting the chorus and orchestra.

As for the principal, I am pretty sure he will keep his job. That chairman is an over-the-top dick but he probably could be made flexible by the prospect of really bad PR. That probably wouldn't be a bad storyline for a sequel but they probably won't.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I also wish we could have heard Taichi's confession and Sawa's response to it. Though it's okay as it is because it left things open to interpretation. I definitely don't think she flat out rejected him, probably just said something along the lines of being focused on her dream and maybe being open to it later.

Konatsu teasing Taichi about it at graduation was hilarious.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
i enjoyed it. had very nice ending
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:19 am Reply with quote
Tari Tari is proof that execution matters a lot, just as much as the premise (if not more-so). A good premise can be ruined by bad execution, and a bad premise can be enlivened with good execution.

The premise and themes in Tari Tari are well-worn to say the least, but the execution was competent and it was a very enjoyable watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9