• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tari Tari (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I like cute, spunky girl characters. I'm in.

Roger that.

That Vice Principal needs to get that broom handle out of her ass. Smacking down an enthusiastic student like that without even giving her a chance? What were the rest of the faculty in that room thinking?

I'm surprised nobody has pointed out how absolutely beautiful the artwork and the animation is? Fabric, finger movements, shadows -- it looks like they are going all out. I'm watching this on a 27-inch iMac with full resolution and all I can say is wow.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm a little strange probably in how I look at artwork. I do think it's very good. But I like artwork that adds to the story or feel of the story. Something like what they did in Usagi Drop, Kids on a Slope, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo.

Not that I don't enjoy this kind of hyper-realistic artwork. But it didn't catch my attention or anything.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2.

Well, Tari Tari is nothing if not predictable. And yet not. We all know who that score was written by, don't we? A very pretty song. I do think they cheated a bit by spoiler[cueing up the orchestra after it got started, though.] But I don't mind.

And I must say, one of the most effective anime spankings I have seen. I can't say how many girls I've wanted to do that to.

I'm sold on this one.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 2
I feel a bit inspired after watching this, even if spoiler[youre choir piece is going to look like a duet, going with it anyway is nice.] I thought that a recital would be the end of the series, but they must have somewhere else to go, I wonder where.

As for the vice principal, the show really makes me think that she is a pretty bad person, but I am reminded of a similar character Kodomo no Jikan, and I ended up really liking that character. It makes me wonder what the vice principal has been through.

Will continue watching.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 am Reply with quote
Aw, the vice principal is okay ... she merely requires the loving ministrations of the right guy.

*licks eyebrows*

Anyhoo, continue to like this show. I wish I lived in landscapes as beautiful as the ones P.A. Works renders.
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I am loving this show so far, I look forward to continuing it as well.
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah somehow I still want to watch the next episode. I like how the girls are interacting with each other. Will continue to give it a shot anyways.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Okay it was nice to see the 2 guys were not forced to join the choir group although that will most likely change later on, since the badminton guy can sing. I was thinking the girl would get the 2 guys into the group since only 5 was needed to start the group and there are 5 main characters.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
The second episode was pretty boring. I only laughed during one scene, and it was out of empathetic embarrassment for the girl waiting for her teacher in the hospital OB-GYN office. I have to give her props for being determined, though! Oh, and the first scene, with everyone talking in a jumble and ignoring the poor Austrian kid was cute.

The principal is probably supposed to be a funny character, with the ridiculous wig and clumsy nature, but his scenes weren't interesting this ep.

The main problem was raising the stakes so quickly: why would I care about the outcome of a singing competition/recital when I barely know the characters? It's the second episode, I don't have all their names straight. Also the music is very serviceable, but not very exciting.

I might watch the next episode to see if the humor picks up with the renewed focus on the Badminton obsessed guy, but seeing as it's not officially a comedy and the music will probably stay close to the high school choir repetoir the drama will have to get more interesting or, well, something has to pick up, right?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I did love the key nod towards realism: The principal was spoiler[playing Solitaire]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Okay someone speaking Engrish is a funny thing to watch in animes, but how does it make sense that the spanish guy speaks fluent spanish? I mean in other animes "American" soldiers speak engrish. Never have I seen fluent english be spoken in an anime. Her spoiler[I don't money was hilarious. The guy must have known her mom.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
Wait, so he was speaking English, I did not recognize many of his words, so I was wondering how the subbing was working.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Wait, so he was speaking English, I did not recognize many of his words, so I was wondering how the subbing was working.

no he was speaking spanish, while she was speaking engrish.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
Wait my comment I was messed up, I was meant to say that "so he was not speaking Japanese", I could mess up like that, perhaps this Monday anime is getting to me, I need to proof read. I could tell he was speaking a language other than English, but I did not recognize a lot of his words, and was confused as to why she spoke English. Though it was funny watching her stumble over.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, as soon as I heard muestramela I started cracking up. Looks like Tari Tari will have a heavy Spanish influence, so I'm curious to see how that will be incorporated into the rest of the series. Listening to the tail end of them singing the school theme sure sounded great I thought.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9